We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

ryanair 15 day web checkin

Options
I'm going on holiday for 21 days in August (yipee!) so does anyone know how you're supposed to do web check in and print out the boarding card with no printer access?

It sounds like i'd have to find an internet cafe with a printer but I wonder if anyone else had a better idea?

(I'm flying from Faro, Portugal on the way back).

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• jamesbrownontheroad
    Options
    deejbee wrote: »
    I'm going on holiday for 21 days in August (yipee!) so does anyone know how you're supposed to do web check in and print out the boarding card with no printer access?

Errr, you can't. The only thing I could suggest is to try checking in as late as you possibly can; I fly FR regularly and have spotted that flights often open for check-in more than the official 14 days in advance. Some times I've been able to check-in 20 days before departure, but there is no rhyme or reason to this.
    deejbee wrote: »
    It sounds like i'd have to find an internet cafe with a printer but I wonder if anyone else had a better idea?

Yep, that's it. Perhaps you could find a hotel business centre, or if staying at a nice place you could ask your hotel reception? I have heard of SOME Ryanair airports (I couldn't give you a comprehensive list, I'm afraid) where enterprising businesses at airports have started offering computers and printers to re-print lost check-in papers to stranded passengers (usually for €5 - €20). Beware of course the 4 hour check-in cut off, however.
  • cubegame
    cubegame Posts: 2,042 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    It's either an internet cafe or flying with a decent airline.....
  • Takecareofthepennies
    Options
    jamesbrownotr is right: Web check-in is sometimes possible considerably earlier than 15 days before the flight.
  • jamesbrownontheroad
    Options
    cubegame wrote: »
    It's either an internet cafe or flying with a decent airline.....

Errr... as far as I know, only Easyjet let you check in more than 14 days in advance (60 days). BA, BD, LH, KL, AF, BE all limit it to 24 or 30 hours before departure. So Ryanair are one of the most "decent" airlines out there for allowing early check-in online.
  • Chrispy_2
    Chrispy_2 Posts: 46 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    The easiest and most cost efficient way would be at your local library. Free internet access and 5p per sheet of printing is the norm.

Good luck
  • cactusdust
    cactusdust Posts: 427 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Chrispy wrote: »
    The easiest and most cost efficient way would be at your local library. Free internet access and 5p per sheet of printing is the norm.

Good luck

Not helpful when one is in the Algarve. :D

Your best solution will be to find an internet cafe out there.. there's bound to be something if you look hard enough.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport