Stop being a Wimp!... DMP Journey

Options

Comments

• Ellieseleven
    Ellieseleven Posts: 2,118 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    My new job is making all the difference financially, I'm working away quite a bit but this company recognises that it's employee's are away and pays an extra amount for each night. This is taxed but it still boosts my monthly wage by £300-£400 per month and helps to make sure we have that breathing space each month. OH can sit around and watch TV all day long with no worries.

I'm so glad that I have done the £1 per day challenge as I have all my Christmas presents covered;) I will certainly be taking part again next year.

I need to update my balances for the month but the debt is coming down and our DMP is plodding along. We are managing and budget for everything. I find that these days I feel guilty spending money and I'm not sure whether that is a good thing or a bad but it does help to stay on track.

Take care all
    Ellie x
  • Eager_Elephant
    Options
    All great news Ellie (well apart from OH sitting watching TV all day), hope your DFD comes ever closer!!
  • Ellieseleven
    Options
    Well, I'm on here at daft o'clock but not because I'm stressed or worried but because I have an awful cough and cold which is keeping me awake half the night!

I've been reading through different diaries for the last couple of hours and I've got to say that there are some determined, truly wonderful people out there and most of them don't even know it:)

I love reading stories where people have been at their lowest and see the transformation through the months where they become stronger.

I know that this forum and all it's threads certainly keeps me on track, motivated and hopeful for the future.

I raise my cough syrup to you all and look forward to a brighter future for each of us.

Take care
    Ellie xx
  • Ellieseleven
    Options
    During 2014 I have been saving £1 per day towards Christmas and today my tin is finally full. On good days I have been putting extra £1 coins in the tin and over time it has become heavier and heavier until today when I can't fit any more in!

So, I've taken the tin opener to my tin and counted out the huge mound of £1 coins, giving a grand total of....

£497:j:j:j

I've added the odd £3 and am now in the process of bagging up the money ready to go to the bank.

Now I can go guilt free Christmas shopping:xmassmile:xmassmile:xmassmile

Ellie xx
  • Puzzcat
    Puzzcat Posts: 4,200 Forumite
    Options
    Well done ellie, fab savings. Xx
    Christmas 2020 £109
    I love my dmp started in Nov 13 with SC. Self Managed 2016 57% done
    £60062/25384.84 - 13222.60k UE

MY DIARY
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4768685
  • Chrysalis1976
    Options
    Just thought I'd say wow and well done what a great way to save and gives me a kick up the backside for next year!

C x
    Loan from Mum £500/£300
    DH computer £270.06/PAID :T
    Kids computer £854.33/46.18 :eek:
    Bike £276.15/118.35
    Overdraft £1192/0 :eek:
    Car £5374.04/316.12 :eek:
  • wow well done you.
    Hope everything is Ok with you and your new job. Hope oh is not doing your head in too much. xx
  • Ellieseleven
    Options
    Chrysalis, there is a new thread around called saving for Xmas 2015 doing the same thing starting on 1st December.

This has really been a great way to save and I've not been tempted to raid my tin because I would have needed to take a tin opener to it;)

Ellie xx
  • Ellieseleven
    Options
    Hi Gettingmylifestraight,

New job is fab and I have settled in now, bit more travel but it's well paid and I'm getting to see a bit of the world.

I'm being patient with OH at the moment as he is threatening to decorate the hallway before Christmas. I've bought all the materials and everything is ready to go but if it doesn't get it done then my patience will disappear and hostilities will resume lol:o

Take care
    Ellie xx
  • Chrysalis1976
    Options
    Thanks ellie, I have signed up for the challenge it would be a fab amount to have next year!

C x
    Loan from Mum £500/£300
    DH computer £270.06/PAID :T
    Kids computer £854.33/46.18 :eek:
    Bike £276.15/118.35
    Overdraft £1192/0 :eek:
    Car £5374.04/316.12 :eek:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing