We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Easyjet credit note

Options
I recently had to cancel a family holiday to Spain because of my husband's health complications. I told Easyjet, who I had bought and paid for the flights with, and the reply was that I would be given a credit note upon showing proof of a letter from a medical body confirming the inability to fly.
When I sent in the letter, I was then told that the rep who told me I could get a credit note was mistaken.
Does anyone know if they can do that? Say I can have a credit note and then say I can't.
I must admit I was surprised they did offer me a credit note but now that they have I think they should not be allowed to change their minds and not honour their word.

Comments

• Caz3121
    Caz3121 Posts: 15,571 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    there was another recent thread on here re being told incorrect information and there is not much you can do, you are not entitled to a refund and they should have referred you to your insurance
    You should be able to reclaim the taxes from Easyjet and refer to your travel insurance for the remainder
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 249K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure