🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Currency for trip to Thailand, Cambodia & Vietnam

Options
Have booked a bit of a whistlestop ecorted tour of Thailand, Cambodia and Vietnam in Oct and would much appreciate a bit of advice re currency to take/buy. We have 2 nights in Thailand, 6 in Cambodia and 3 in Vietnam, all meals, taxes and excursions are included in the cost of the holiday. Should imagine we will only need cash for drinks/tips/shopping etc and was wondering if it would be easier/advisable/possible to just take US dollars rather than getting currency for each country? I have heard that US dollars are readily acceptable and we won't be straying far off the usual tourist tracks. Also, if you use US dollars do you get change in dollars or the local currency?

Trying to get my head round 3 different currencies in such a short space of time would do my head in!! Any help or advice would be much appreciated.

TIA :)

Comments

• Donnie
    Donnie Posts: 9,862 Forumite
    Options
    Pounds for Thailand. Dollars for Vietnam and Cambodia. Your change will be in local currency.

You should also note that cash machines are available in all three countries. Let Google be your friend.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport