We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Possible Scam at Skyscanner

Options
As a regular user of Skyscanner.net I was surprised a few weeks ago when it suggested I book with TerminalA for a Ryanair flight. It said it was about £2 cheaper. It turned out to be about £15 dearer. I emailed Skyscanner and they said that they would investigate. Today I checked a flight from Glasgow to Faro leave 13 Aug return 20 Aug. Skyscanner says Ryanair £50 TerminalA £48.50. I clicked on Ryanair but again I was directed to TerminalA. In fact the price on Ryanair is £39.98 and with TerminalA the price is £65.02.
Please all be careful
Something Really Interesting

Comments

• Pelican_eats_pigeon
    Options
    In any case they should stop indexing Terminal A as it has been in receivership since April as far as I know.
  • jammin_2
    jammin_2 Posts: 2,461 Forumite
    Options
    There is no way in hell that any travel agent would be cheaper than Ryanair, for Ryanair flights.
  • bcl999
    bcl999 Posts: 3,620 Forumite
    Options
    I check skyscanner at least weekly for flights and terminala has always appeared cheaper than Ryanair themselves, even before the possible insolvency situation. However, if i remember right, they add on various things when you start the booking process which they don't do for other airlines so they may not actually be cheaper once you get to the final price.
  • alanrowell
    alanrowell Posts: 5,366 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Skyscanner is a screen scraper so it won't pick up anything that is added on later in the booking process.

It won't, for example, pick up baggage charges or booking fees
  • jammin_2
    Options
    alanrowell wrote: »
    Skyscanner is a screen scraper so it won't pick up anything that is added on later in the booking process.

It won't, for example, pick up baggage charges or booking fees
    Baggage fees no but booking fees yes, iirc.
  • melb
    melb Posts: 2,880 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I thought there was something recently whereby people who had booked Ryanair flights via a third party were denied boarding - or have I imagined it?
  • jammin_2
    Options
    melb wrote: »
    I thought there was something recently whereby people who had booked Ryanair flights via a third party were denied boarding - or have I imagined it?
    I remember that too. But since it is never cheaper to book a Ryanair flight on a travel agent's website than it is to book it on the Ryanair website, this should be a non-issue.
  • melb
    melb Posts: 2,880 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    someone was talking up buying ryanair flights from TerminalA via quidco to get cash back a few weeks ago on here.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 249K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure