We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Ryanair check in times.

Options
Can someone just confirm the procedure for online check in with ryanair. Just dont want to miss my flight because I have misunderstood.

I print off boarding passes up to 15 days before the flight but no later than 4 hours all on a seperate a4 piece of paper.

What I dont know is when to arrive at the airport, where to go, straight to the departure lounge ?

Last time we went it was 2 hours before flight check bags in then to departures to liten for gate number ?

Comments

• fabwitch_2
    fabwitch_2 Posts: 1,756 Forumite
    Options
    Are you taking just hand luggage, if so you can turn up hour before with your printed boarding pass and go straight though to check in/where they scan though your hand luggage. then once over the other side just wait till your flight gate come ups usually 20 minutes before flight takes off and go to gate and que.
    If you have bags to check in then it will take longer as you have to book them in first. xxx
    Competitions wins 2010

LG Cookie Fresh Mobile with £50 credit, Kiss 100 on FB
    .:j
  • lolarentt
    lolarentt Posts: 1,020 Forumite
    Options
    If you are checking in bags then you just carry on in the normal way and checkin at the check-in desk(s) when they deign to allow you to!
  • laney85
    laney85 Posts: 861 Forumite
    Options
    Just hand luggage. So is there a check in desk for scanning through hand luggage or is this security .

Ie do I just head for departures when I get to the airport and go through security on the way ?
  • Sagz_2
    Sagz_2 Posts: 6,251 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    OH flew Stansted to Mardid and back last week:
    Straight to security with boarding pass - by passed check-in as he only had hand luggage.
    Some days you're the dog..... most days you're the tree! :D
  • cactusdust
    cactusdust Posts: 427 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    laney85 wrote: »
    Just hand luggage. So is there a check in desk for scanning through hand luggage or is this security .

Ie do I just head for departures when I get to the airport and go through security on the way ?

Head straight to departures, you don't need to do anything with your hand luggage.
  • Bob_the_Saver
    Bob_the_Saver Posts: 5,610 Forumite
    Options
    Arrival 1 hour before departure sounds good, but puncture, traffic problems, kiddie needs loo, wife needs loo, cat needs loo, breakdown, bus/train late then you have a problem.
    Solution, arrive earlier and go to the bar.
  • rapunzelz86
    rapunzelz86 Posts: 561 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    My flight is at 12.55, im hand luggage only, so i was thinking about being there for 11am, this is enough time right?
    Everyone who thanks me when ive helped will get a 5% share when I win this weeks Euromillions......:p
  • notakid
    notakid Posts: 10,362 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thats plenty!

I'm the same i always budget two hours as if there is any delays getting there I'm covered.

I see the airport waiting as part of my holiday! :rotfl:
    But if ever I stray from the path I follow
    Take me down to the English Channel
    Throw me in where the water is shallow And then drag me on back to shore!
    'Cos love is free and life is cheap As long as I've got me a place to sleep
    Clothes on my back and some food to eat I can't ask for anything more
  • QQuaver
    QQuaver Posts: 8,444 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    If you have non-EU passport, you need to queue and get your boarding passes stamped at baggage drop desk;)
  • rapunzelz86
    rapunzelz86 Posts: 561 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I have a british passport is that EU lol?
    Everyone who thanks me when ive helped will get a 5% share when I win this weeks Euromillions......:p
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport