We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Euro converstion rate - best deals

Options
Hi All,

Can anyone say which shops / banks / travel agent chains are offering the best rates on Euros this week? Are the individual money shops any better than the travel agents?

I'm looking to change around £250.

Comments

• DaveF327
    DaveF327 Posts: 1,160 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Well, don't all shout at once, now :p
  • Jdubb
    Jdubb Posts: 140 Forumite
    Options
    usually one of the best but they give you hassle about needing ID for silly amounts and stuff! Also AMEX shops, surprisingly, have their good competitive days and there's a little bureau place which usually competes with M&S to the cent but no hassles about amounts or ID (sure you know this but pay by cash) called InterCash I think. May go there tomorrow so will try to remember to post, I'm pretty certain they're a chain.:)
    Jdubb
  • designerggirl
    Options
    Jdubb wrote: »
    usually one of the best but they give you hassle about needing ID for silly amounts and stuff! Also AMEX shops, surprisingly, have their good competitive days and there's a little bureau place which usually competes with M&S to the cent but no hassles about amounts or ID (sure you know this but pay by cash) called InterCash I think. May go there tomorrow so will try to remember to post, I'm pretty certain they're a chain.:)

Could that be InterChangeFX? I got the best rates from them. There rates have been the best so far.
  • Jdubb
    Jdubb Posts: 140 Forumite
    Options
    Could that be InterChangeFX? I got the best rates from them. There rates have been the best so far.
    So sorry wasn't able to go today but could be the bods you suggest, I should have a receipt handy, will defo look at that l8r and respond further.
    Jdubb
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 249K Travel & Transport