🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Capital One CC PPI

Options
Right going to be a long one this one.

Not to get mistaken i have a claim with Lloyd's and am still waiting for a reply to a letter i sent of asking for a copy of the contract.

Right similar thing with a Cap one CC sent of a letter saying was not informed ppi was optional and not asked if i had sufficient cover in place at the time i purchased the policy etc.

Got a long reply from them so here goes.

I applied for a cap one cc account by completing a paper application form on 20th oct 2001.At this stage you ticked the box marked 'No' to confirm that you did not want to be enrolled in the ppi policy.Therefore we didn't add the policy to your account.

You(i)then purchased the ppi policy on the 21st November 2001 during a telephone conversation when you(i) contacted us to discuss your account.

Why would i phone a month after receiving the cc to add ppi onto it? something smells fishy here.Not sure because it was so long ago but i wonder if we didnt hear anything about the account so phoned up to push it along not to add ppi.

It then goes on to say.

They sell ppi on a non-advised basis etc.

There findings are:

1.Although the ppi was sold over the phone ,you applied for a cc account with us using the application form.The application form gives two options regarding the addition of the ppi policy.The boxes are clearly marked 'yes' and 'no'(i know i ticked 'no' lol).Therefore you had the choice to tick either box and chose to select 'no' which is why the policy was not added when the account was opened.This shows that the policy was optional and that we acted fairly.

That bit loses me.

It says that its non-advised and that and they had no requirement to ask if i had any cover in place etc.

Conclusion

having completed a comprehensive sales review i have found no evidence of this policy being mi-sold and that with the information they have given me i recived enough to make a informed decision to purchase the policy.Other words they aint having it lol.

Any advice on this matter?.

Cant see why i would phone a month later to add ppi.

Bill.

Comments

• di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Bill

Even if it was non advised they still had a responsibilty really to make sure you were still eligible.

And also mention that if they have the info which they obviously do have, if they can supply you with these details, such as copies of the recordings by disc and/or written transcripts.

Do not give up, keep at them is best.;)
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • Billok
    Billok Posts: 21 Forumite
    Options
    Oh i will Di.

I am going to reply,do you think its best asking for a copy of the contract or the phone conversation is that with a sar on not?,just not quite sure which one to hit them with.
  • di3004
    Options
    Billok wrote: »
    Oh i will Di.

I am going to reply,do you think its best asking for a copy of the contract or the phone conversation is that with a sar on not?,just not quite sure which one to hit them with.

Some will provide without having the need of a SAR, but otherwise I would say yes request for this within the SAR.;)
  • Billok
    Options
    di3004 wrote: »
    Some will provide without having the need of a SAR, but otherwise I would say yes request for this within the SAR.;)

Thanks Di,i will.

I first contacted them in early May then sent a reminder letter two weeks ago so i have had to push them,now they say if they do not here from me in four weeks they will consider the matter closed,can they do that?,i wil be getting in touch before that but was just wondering if they can say when the matter is closed or not?.
  • di3004
    Options
    Thanks Di,i will.

I first contacted them in early May then sent a reminder letter two weeks ago so i have had to push them,now they say if they do not here from me in four weeks they will consider the matter closed,can they do that?,i wil be getting in touch before that but was just wondering if they can say when the matter is closed or not?.

Bill
    Tell them you understand that the FSA are punishing banks for rejecting genuine complaints and for not investigating properly.;)
    In the final decision you receive from them they will if eligible enclose details of the financial ombudsman service (FOS) the leaflet on how to complain to them.
  • Andy_Boro_2
    Andy_Boro_2 Posts: 163 Forumite
    edited 2 August 2010 at 2:50PM
    Options
    good luck have they came back as yet?
  • daviduk1976
    daviduk1976 Posts: 378 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hiya!

I got same reply as you. Do next letter, and also ask for a recording of telephone conversation. They'll cough up!.....also keep an eye on your statements, they just plonk the cash in :)

x
    TOTAL 2013 £3100 :eek:
    TOTAL 2014 £1250

TOTAL 2015: £500 winning:2 tkts to theatre, Cap1 Footie, weeks holiday in lakes.
  • Billok
    Options
    di3004 wrote: »
    Bill
    Tell them you understand that the FSA are punishing banks for rejecting genuine complaints and for not investigating properly.;)
    In the final decision you receive from them they will if eligible enclose details of the financial ombudsman service (FOS) the leaflet on how to complain to them.

I have sent them a letter asking for proof and also added Di's bit about punsihing banks etc.
    Andy_Boro wrote: »
    Hiya!

I got same reply as you. Do next letter, and also ask for a recording of telephone conversation. They'll cough up!.....also keep an eye on your statements, they just plonk the cash in :)

x

Still waiting for a reply,will update when i have recieved it.
  • Billok
    Options
    Andy_Boro wrote: »
    I have sent them a letter asking for proof and also added Di's bit about punsihing banks etc.

Still waiting for a reply,will update when i have recieved it.

Still waiting for a response from cap one on this,i sent the letter asking for proof on the 10/7/10,i didn't send a sar because they said they had proof so i have asked for it,thought they might have contacted me saying i have to pay etc but not heard anything at all.

Any one know about time scale on this?,or is it to early yet?.
  • di3004
    Options
    Still waiting for a response from cap one on this,i sent the letter asking for proof on the 10/7/10,i didn't send a sar because they said they had proof so i have asked for it,thought they might have contacted me saying i have to pay etc but not heard anything at all.

Any one know about time scale on this?,or is it to early yet?.

Hi Bill

Do you mean from the letter you sent to ask them to reconsider?

I gave one company between 7-14 days.

Chase them up with a call in the week if you have not received anything from them by tomorrow.;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family