Home Filtered Vodka

Options

Comments

• Karnam
    Karnam Posts: 1,177 Forumite
    Options
    wirm wrote:
    ewwwwwwwwww garlic vodka! :o

garlic vodka is the highlight of a soho resturant called 'Garlic and shots' ive never had it though!
    :A Boots Tart :A
  • starlite_2
    starlite_2 Posts: 2,428 Forumite
    Options
    Karnam wrote:
    garlic vodka is the highlight of a soho resturant called 'Garlic and shots' ive never had it though!

god..we went there last weekend..and my hair stank of garlic the next day...the garlic beer was erm, interesting...

have to reccomend skittles vodka..just add two or three bags, leave out green ones as they make it taste odd, and leave for a week or so, shaking vigorously every now an then..
    yum
    Membre Of Teh Misspleing Culb
  • tjsmangina
    Options
    id recommend skittle vodka and if you pop over to https://www.aquarterof.com you can order gourmet jellybeans (wild cherry,kiwi and apple are my faves) and add one bag to one bottle wait for the beans to go clear and you will get a sedement ontop of the vodka (i usually leave mine 2 to 3 days) then simply pour through a coffee filter (tesco sell 40 big ones for 99p) and bingo you have cherry,kiwi or apple vodka.

p.s if you make skittle vodka you will want to take out ALL the green skittles as it makes the vodka go brown as opposed to a lovely redish colour.
  • nuttyrockeress
    Options
    Frogling wrote:
    In my student days we used to get watermelons and infuse them with vodka - great for parties! All you need to do is get a watermelon, take a plastic funnel, stick it as deep as you can into the melon and pour in the vodka. Keep topping it up over the next 4-5 days (keep it in the fridge or somewhere nice and cool) - you should easily be able to get a litre of vodka into the melon during that time. From what I can remember, it had quite a kick to it!Thud.gif

Plus, we could always truthfully tell our mums we were eating plenty of fruit ;)

Nicer with Coconuts!

My dad used to make these for our new year parties (God bless him xx) and use any leftover alcohol from the year before.

Make holes in the top and drain out the milk into a bowl.
    Mix the milk with any alcohol you fancy and pour back into the coconut through a funnel.
    Tape over the top and as per above add alcohol each day to top up.
    When needed stick straws through the holes and drink - when empty, break open and eat the coconut inside!
    It's nice to be nutty but's more important to be nice
  • naughty_10382
    Options
    Sorry to bring this thread up again, but since the questions I want to ask have been discussed in here, i thought it was as good a place as any.

RE - filtering cheap vodka - can this be done any other way, as we don't have a water filter. If not, as someone else asked, will people be likely to tell? I don't drink vodka, can't stand the stuff, but don't want to give gruesome vodka to people!

Anyone have any other good flavour recommendations other than skittles, toffee and mars bar?

Thanks in advance for any help!
    Blood donations to date: 10 | Type: O negative[/B][/CENTER]
  • croboy
    croboy Posts: 119 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Could you make Star Bar vodka??
  • niccy
    niccy Posts: 597 Forumite
    Options
    vodka and cold milk,mix it how you want. yum:beer:
    living on the "edge"
  • Dingdangdoforme
    Options
    tried chilli vodka, all I can say it was an interesting flavour.....quite liked it.

The way this thread was going could get a vodka 3 course meal:D
  • Justie
    Justie Posts: 1,768 Forumite
    Options
    just to add to this if you want something less sickly than the toffee/ chocolate ones try Nigella's rhubarb vodka

the ratio is approximately 2 lbs rhubarb to 1 1/2 cups sugar to 1 liter vodka. Cut the rhubarb into 1 1/2 inch pieces, place in a sterilized jar, add sugar, pour vodka over to fill the jar, cover tightly, and shake, shake, shake. Put the jars somewhere cool and dark for at least 6 weeks (I put mine in the fridge), and shake it well on occasion. And force yourself to wait! You can then drain it and bottle it and give it as gifts (or just drink it yourself :D )

I'm not much of a vodka drinker but it's delicious!
  • frugalsar
    Options
    Tesco own brand vodka is very cheap! would do the job perfectly, when you've got other flavour who cares????
    Best Threads -
    greenfingered - oldstyle - grabbit
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family