We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Phone bill exceeds £850!!!!
Comments
-
I would check your credit file too and see if they have registered a default against you. For that amount of money i would expect the phone to be cut off a while ago and letters from debt collection firms.0
-
If you didn't know they hadn't been taking the money, the money should be in your account unless you never made allowances for it for 9 months?
Doesn't anyone check their accounts anymore, to make sure debits, DD's and SO's have come out and for the right amount??Tank fly boss walk jam nitty gritty...0 -
Someone who visits a web forum and (usually under a brand new username) posts far-fetched stories with factual innaccuracies and/or holes, with the sole purpose of eliciting a (usually) emotional response from those who reply.NeedsVodafoneAdvice wrote: »What is a Troll?0 -
NeedsVodafoneAdvice wrote: »Apologies didnt mean credit card I meant Debit Card. And With Direct bank transfers have had to notify others such as loans companys that my cad has changed so they could update thier info.
A debit card is totally irrelevant for direct debits, which are set up on the account and receiving a new debit card would not change or cancel a DD
If you were supposed to pay it by direct bank transfer you would know whether you were paying it or not, as that is for you to action as and when you receive the bill.I'm a retired employment solicitor. Hopefully some of my comments might be useful, but they are only my opinion and not intended as legal advice.0 -
Just a quick response here
No am not a Troll
I did come on here for advice and help as my friend recommended I post on here after asking his advice.
I HAVE NOT TRIED to get away without paying and wasnt found out!!! I was the one to inform them and they were as shocked as i was thet this had gone on for 9 months. I never miss payments and hate debt. I would have had the monthly bills paid off easily each month. I am not saying I am past blame as indeed I did not check my account was paying them however invoicing is part of thier services.
No I have never needed to check any DDs or standing orders before as companies are usually very good at making sure they are getting thier money out of you.
Thanks for the posts so far that have been of help. To the others am sorry for other users being trolls or whatever ubt I am not one.
Am just a guy who recieved a large shock to the tune of £856 which I cant afford in one lump sum.
They usually send invoices, emails and phone calls when payments are missed but I didnt recieve any notification at all.0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards