We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Iphone PAYG
Hi,
I'm buying my brothers old iphone off him and need advice.
I like Pay as you go as i know what i have and can't overspend on it. I'm currenly with orange with my old phone and this has been fine for sending texts and making calls but now i have a iphone i want to be able to use the internet etc on it.
Been looking at 02 and am getting seriously confused! I spend about a £10 a month on my phone and need to know which is the better deal for me.
There is the PAYG Text and web or Simplicity.
text and web-i get 300 texts and 500mb web
Simplicity-unlimited texts and 500mb web.
Both £10.00 a month.
Obviously simplicity seems like the better deal as i get unlimited texts..? This seems to good to be true! why would they offer two things for the same price when one is infinetely better?
Basically which is the better deal for someone who texts a lot and wants to be able to use the internet?
appreciate any help!
I'm buying my brothers old iphone off him and need advice.
I like Pay as you go as i know what i have and can't overspend on it. I'm currenly with orange with my old phone and this has been fine for sending texts and making calls but now i have a iphone i want to be able to use the internet etc on it.
Been looking at 02 and am getting seriously confused! I spend about a £10 a month on my phone and need to know which is the better deal for me.
There is the PAYG Text and web or Simplicity.
text and web-i get 300 texts and 500mb web
Simplicity-unlimited texts and 500mb web.
Both £10.00 a month.
Obviously simplicity seems like the better deal as i get unlimited texts..? This seems to good to be true! why would they offer two things for the same price when one is infinetely better?
Basically which is the better deal for someone who texts a lot and wants to be able to use the internet?
appreciate any help!
0
Comments
-
The primary difference seems to be you have to use the £10 credit to buy the simplicity to get the unlimited text, whereas with PAYG your credit remains on your account to pay for voice calls and texts above the first 300 text.
So in brief £10 per month buys you.
Simplicity unlimited text & 500MB - Account = £0
Topup - Free 300 text & 500MB - Account = £10
If you text a lot then Simplicity, since Text & Web will only buy you an extra 100 text with the £10 credit.0 -
I am currently on an O2 contract (I have last years model 3gs), I have just less than a year to run.
I am not overly worried about retaining my internet access once contract expires.
Can I just put in a paygo sim (I have a tesco (O2) one floating around with credit on) but still access the internet via wifi in my home.
I love the phone and don't want to change it but I am looking at cutting costs like everyone.£2.00 Savers Club = £34.00 So Far
+ however may £2 coins I have saved in my Terramundi since 2000.
Terramundi weighs 8lb 5oz0 -
Get a pay as you go sim from O2, if you top up £10 a month you get 300 texts and 500mb internet free.For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple and wrong.0
-
just went into 02 for a text and web sim only to be told it can't be used on a iphone? Tried to sell me simplicity for £15 instead? Everything i've read online contradicts this!
HEEELP!0 -
Its not that difficult to check. just order a
free sim from their website and put it in the phone. The only difference seems to be you lose the visual voicemail and other iPhone specific services, but the internet would work as normal. you may have to change the default APN yourself though. A friend of mine has a t-mobile payg 6mths free internet sim in his, so I don't see a problem. There's nothing special about the iPhone that would stop it from working like any other phone as far as I know. Unlike blackberry handsets but even they can use normal payg sim without BB services.0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards