Options
13»

Comments

• pinkshoes
    pinkshoes Posts: 20,120 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    sassyblue wrote: »
    I'd reply....... 'Eh? Learn spelling, diction and how to tell the time and then get back to me'........ but l am horrible like that :p and do all the reporting to ebay others have mentioned.

I can't bear text speak, makes my eyes bleed :eek:

A response like that would actually put me off buying from you!!!

My OH has just bought about £400 of stuff of ebay, and one seller didn't get any of his business purely because of the way he'd replied to his four negatives, calling everyone derogatory terms, slagging the buyer off, and writing in capitals!
    Should've = Should HAVE (not 'of')
    Would've = Would HAVE (not 'of')

No, I am not perfect, but yes I do judge people on their use of basic English language. If you didn't know the above, then learn it! (If English is your second language, then you are forgiven!)
  • iieee
    iieee Posts: 1,194 Forumite
    Options
    pinkshoes wrote: »
    A response like that would actually put me off buying from you!!!

My OH has just bought about £400 of stuff of ebay, and one seller didn't get any of his business purely because of the way he'd replied to his four negatives, calling everyone derogatory terms, slagging the buyer off, and writing in capitals!
    I was thinking the same thing about the feedback reply you suggested. There's no reason to call the buyer abusive or vile. OP can just state the facts, e.g. buyer turned up to collect at a different time than agreed.

And I think the person you quoted was suggesting that as a reply to the buyer (as a message), not to their feedback, which they don't seem to have left yet...
    :www: :: MFi3 ::
    Original mortgage free date ~ January 2030 :sad:
    Current mortgage free date ~ July 2028
    :tongue:
  • sassyblue
    sassyblue Posts: 3,783 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    iieee wrote: »
    I was thinking the same thing about the feedback reply you suggested. There's no reason to call the buyer abusive or vile. OP can just state the facts, e.g. buyer turned up to collect at a different time than agreed.

And I think the person you quoted was suggesting that as a reply to the buyer (as a message), not to their feedback, which they don't seem to have left yet...

No l'm not suggesting that as feedback!! Just a rude reply to his rude emails!

I would imagine the OP would like the buyer put off anyway

Happy moneysaving all.
  • cestlavie
    cestlavie Posts: 805 Forumite
    Options
    emby wrote: »
    OP has already sent the item.
    gosh i missed that - hope all ends well for you - but the clues on the o/p don't bode well.
  • Jorsha
    Jorsha Posts: 366 Forumite
    Options
    Just fancied updating the board, but only to say that theres no real update, haha, a bit of a waste of time really, no contact, no feedback, I'll put the tracking thingy into the parcelforce website and see if its been paid for in a minute or two, and then edit to see if it's got there yet (should have)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure