Absolute Nightmare Buyer!!

Options
Well, I've had my worst experience with a buyer so far, and I've been selling for years!
Someone bought a laptop , paid by paypal, they then wanted to pick it up (yes I was silly to agree with this, but this wasn't the problem)
They said they could pick up any time today (saturday) so I said, thats fine, but could you pick up before 10 please (as the message was sent in the afternoon I think it was pretty clear that I didn't mean 10am)
They turned up at 10am on monday morning, when I was out.
Apparently, they were rude to my neighbour, from what she's told me.
This morning, I recieved this message.

please tell me when its been posted,and i dont like dealing with a kid and you waisted my time the utherday and petral and dident evern email me to say sorry,make shore you send it with in 3 days or ill take out action.

chris

So I replied :
Hi,
In your eBay message you said you could pick up any time today (Saturday). As you had messaged me after 12, and said you could pick up any time, I expected you to come that day, before 10 in the evening - not two days after, in the morning.
Your item was sent out yesterday by the Parcelforce48 tracked service so should be with you in the next couple of days.

And then, this afternoon , I recieved this rude message, and am unsure what to say back
"
you did not put pm,...... and your mail back waz shaby craping your self more about your add than me picking it up,you are probly like the woman on the right of your house.....dont give a !!!! (edit: it did say an expletive beginning with s and ending in t :o ) about no one but then selfs shes a right chav rude and for you it better arive."

Not that I could make head nor tail of the first part, but I didn't take very kindly to them insulting my friend (next door neighbour). I don't know what to reply, and to be honest I regret sending it, I would have preffered to refund, get a negative (which is probably imminent anyway) and tell them to stick it.
I've enjoyed using ebay for the past few years, but this minority of people just ruin it for everyone!

Comments

• hermum
    hermum Posts: 7,123 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I wouldn't respond at all, but would contact ebay. Is the parcel tracked online, so that you can prove the individual has received it?
  • VanillaDelia
    VanillaDelia Posts: 451 Forumite
    Options
    is day a kid riting da msgs 2 u, day sownd lyk rite chavs dem sens.

I would have refunded and took the neg myself as well. This is one person, it probably wont happen again or for a long long time anyway.

I wouldn't leave them feedback and get them on the blocked list for future. If they do leave you a neg, then a nice calm follow up explaining their lack of understanding will do.

Don't feel disheartened by this, there are nice people around still.

Oh and ignore them from now on, they will just wind you up even more.
  • gunsandbanjos
    gunsandbanjos Posts: 12,246 Forumite
    PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    Jorsha wrote: »
    "you did not put pm,...... and your mail back waz shaby craping your self more about your add than me picking it up,you are probly like the woman on the right of your house.....dont give a !!!! (edit: it did say an expletive beginning with s and ending in t :o ) about no one but then selfs shes a right chav rude and for you it better arive."

Ok, i'm 28, so not exactly ancient, but i feel like an old fogey because I didn't understand a word of that:cool:

Is it just me? Does that actually make sense to people?
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.
    Bertrand Russell
  • Jorsha
    Jorsha Posts: 366 Forumite
    edited 30 June 2010 at 8:42PM
    Options
    Ok, i'm 28, so not exactly ancient, but i feel like an old fogey because I didn't understand a word of that:cool:

Is it just me? Does that actually make sense to people?

After getting a family member to translate it, the only bit I'm still in the dark about is "shaby craping" :)
  • wendym
    wendym Posts: 2,945 Forumite
    Options
    Jorsha wrote: »
    After getting a younger family member to translate it, the only bit I'm still in the dark about is "shaby craping" :)

'your reply was shabby (young person's word, mlud) and I guess you must be [EMAIL="!!!!ping"]!!!!ping[/EMAIL] yourself about (me knowing?) your address (?).

I am very old, but surrounded by teachers. One of them is currently marking A levels with 'sentences' very similar to this!
  • hermum
    Options
    In the area of our city, where there's lots of grafitti, one wall had been sprayed with we're the, estate name, Posy, they can obviously be particularly fiendish to hay fever sufferers.
  • cherub1965
    cherub1965 Posts: 8,470 Forumite
    Options
    hermum wrote: »
    In the area of our city, where there's lots of grafitti, one wall had been sprayed with we're the, estate name, Posy, they can obviously be particularly fiendish to hay fever sufferers.

that made me laugh.we have bit of graffitti by our shops 'yuz now hoo yuz r grases'
    translates as' you know who you are you grasses'
    nice to know there are such well educated children about.
    Shine on you crazy diamond..............
  • cherub1965
    cherub1965 Posts: 8,470 Forumite
    Options
    as far as the laptop thing goes i would bet money that it will be 'broken' when he receives it.report him.
    i ordered a bench and chair last month,paid straight away as usual.didnt get message about delivery even though i asked for it to be delivered on mon or tues as they were the only days OH is here to bring it in as i cant pick anything heavy up.he didnt contact me from wednesday when i paid until sunday when i emailed him asking for delivery info or a tracking number and if he couldnt provide this i wanted a refund as he was ignoring me,hadnt acknowledged my payment of 200 quid,was getting concerned. i got a message back threatening me if there was any more of 'this' he and his large brother would be giving me a 'home visit'.nice bloke.i waited 2 weeks for delivery,wouldnt give me a tracking number.ebay did nothing when i reported him.kind of puts you off buying from there i think.too many scumbags getting away with stuff like this now :(
    Shine on you crazy diamond..............
  • BillTrac
    BillTrac Posts: 1,869 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    cherub1965 wrote: »
    as far as the laptop thing goes i would bet money that it will be 'broken' when he receives it.report him.
    i ordered a bench and chair last month,paid straight away as usual.didnt get message about delivery even though i asked for it to be delivered on mon or tues as they were the only days OH is here to bring it in as i cant pick anything heavy up.he didnt contact me from wednesday when i paid until sunday when i emailed him asking for delivery info or a tracking number and if he couldnt provide this i wanted a refund as he was ignoring me,hadnt acknowledged my payment of 200 quid,was getting concerned. i got a message back threatening me if there was any more of 'this' he and his large brother would be giving me a 'home visit'.nice bloke.i waited 2 weeks for delivery,wouldnt give me a tracking number.ebay did nothing when i reported him.kind of puts you off buying from there i think.too many scumbags getting away with stuff like this now :(

and breathe.......;)
  • hermum
    Options
    cherub1965 wrote: »

Have you received this yet? If not & you paid by Paypal, open a dispute with paypal if there's still time. I think that you got it after 2 weeks?
    Luckily these sorts of things aren't actually that many, it just seems like it when you come on here or when it happens to you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure