Idea for £5 Chrimbo pressies

Options
My daughters and I have decided that this year we will limit the cost of buying Adult presents for Christmas to £5 each.. now I have racked my brains for ideas for both men and women and I am really struggling....all I have come up with so far are books. toiletries and pants and socks...

I really want to try and get something nice that they wouldn't buy for themselves which isn't easy for a fiver..... So any ideas would be most welcome.... :T
#6 of the SKI-ers Club :j

"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing" Edmund Burke

Comments

• pink_phantom
    Options
    one word: SALES.
    Wildly my mind beats against you, yet the soul obeys. :heartpuls

Murphys "No more pies club" member #70

Vivit post funera virtus
  • pink_phantom
    Options
    Also, you could increase it a bit. For example: 3 for 2 offers. You colud still spend £15 but get 3 gifts worht £7.50 if you follow my drift.
    Wildly my mind beats against you, yet the soul obeys. :heartpuls

Murphys "No more pies club" member #70

Vivit post funera virtus
  • Murray
    Murray Posts: 622 Forumite
    Options
    You could try the Discount Codes and Vouchers board for some money off vouchers and use them to buy things that cost £10/£15 for £5 (or is that cheating!). There should be plenty of useful discount codes between now and Christmas!
  • tanith
    tanith Posts: 8,091 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks for that idea its a keeper..... I would definately have to have a list of pressies as I usually just buy one at a time... I will do a reccy first and decide what to buy 3 people and as you say get better value gifts for the money :T why didn't I think of that....:rotfl:
    #6 of the SKI-ers Club :j

"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing" Edmund Burke
  • Rachie_B
    Rachie_B Posts: 8,785 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    dont forget boot sales / ebay

i picked up a brand new disney princess gift for my niece the other week @ a carboot sale for £1.50 ,nice cheap stocking filler :)
  • jopsey
    jopsey Posts: 840 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Have you a Home and Bargain store nearby?
    they are a great source of Christmas pressies for under a fiver.
  • Bluelad_2
    Options
    The last couple of years me and wife have had a £50 spend limit at Christmas. This has to be made up of 1 x £20, 2 x £10, and 2 x £5.

Do loads of searching on EBay, Sales etc and normally each get over £100 worth of stuff each. Last year I got her a skirt ( A well known Surf brand)BNWT off Ebay which I knew she'd love for £3. Our only rule is not to buy junk that we know wil end up down the bootsale in March
  • Julieboo
    Options
    I'm buying things on special ofer and using vouchers etc.
    La Senza has a special at mo 5 knickers for £5. I bought 5-kept a few pairs for myself and a couple of pairs as a xmas pressie for daughter. Best thing is the packaging, comes free in gift box, tissue wrapped with sticker and gift card that free of charge you can pit message on-Bargain-just carefully open the tissue so you can take out anything for yourself and then rewarp- a cheap but beautiful present.

Also bought a soap making kit and bath ball kit total cost approx £20-makes 30 bath balls and lots of fancy soaps. Going to making some fancy wrapped gift baskets.
    I'm also collecting all free beauty products and making beauty hampers.
    I've got for £10 the cars duvet set which is £21.99 but used as voucher from LX direct.
    Got 3 duvet sets (1 for me) and 2 for gifts absolutely free from Empire stores using £20 code from on here.
    Got £160 Nike trainers for daughter for £5 from M & M sports as suggested in lnk on here.
    I'm also going to bake biscuits and put in nice tins.
    Buy 1-2 extra special things each week from supermarket and make xmas hampers.

:j
    Thanks to MSE and all the moneysaving tips I can now work PT (instead of FT) to pay the bills and still have fun!!:beer:
  • dorry_2
    dorry_2 Posts: 1,427 Forumite
    Options
    hi tanith, :wave:

i also don't want to spend more than £5 for presssies, last week i got a load of perfume from asda for £5, gucci envy and diesel box sets. i also got loads of x box games for £1 from smiths. i have just bought 4 £2 gifts sets from no7, really lovely.

keep your eye on the grabbit board here and also hotdealsuk.com for offers

happy pressie hunting :j
    'If you judge people, you have no time to love them'
    Mother Teresa :D
  • Boomdocker
    Boomdocker Posts: 1,201 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Start now!!

Rummage all the shop sales. Superdrug have 70% off some lines. I think I recall Exclamation, So, Impulse box sets for 3 or 4 quid each. Accesorise have 70% off their clearance stuff too. 75% off stationary bits and bobs in Smiths if your buying for kids.

I saw some PJ's in Primark today that I actually fancy for myself. £4 a pair for cotton jarmies. Not tried them before so I dont know what they would be like. Probably just last one season but for 4 quid you can't grumble. They were folded with a ribbon and looked really nice for a gift.

Maximise 3 for 2's, BOGOF's special offers etc as already stated. Also if you have book lovers places like Smiths have a book of the week paperback on half price. I have bought a few in recent weeks for £3.50 instead of the RRP of £6.99.

Boxed choccies on offer in Woolies, muy mum got 2 boxes for 3.99 each last week of Chocolate orange segments and Toblerone (i think) but they were BOGOF!! 2 boxes for £3.99

Use a loyalty card for boots and smiths and start saving points for next year. I save mine all year to spend at Christmas, it all helps.
    Boots Card - £17.53, Nectar Points - £15.06 - *Saving for Chrimbo*
    2015 Savings Fund - £2575.00
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family