Spare car keys

Options
124»

Comments

• jonhwalker
    Options
    Hi, i have lost one of my fiat blue key, so am left with only one key now, i went in the shop to get the key cut and i was told it will only open the car but it won't start the car, and fiat dealer quoted me to much money for a new key, can someone please tell me how or where i can get a new key cut which will open and start the car incase i lost the only one i have right now, my car is a fiat punto active 2004.

Thanks.
  • apesxx
    apesxx Posts: 583 Forumite
    Options
    timpsons do a mobile key service where the guy comes out, does the kay and then programs it to your car. When i bought my last car it had 1 key, ford wanted £170 for a new one and the guy from timpsons did it for £75.
  • apesxx
    apesxx Posts: 583 Forumite
    Options
    And im pretty sur that timpsons can do the chipped keys. i went to get a new one for my 106 a few years ago and because it had a chip in it it was £30 instead of the usual £6 but it worked absolutely fine.
  • cyclonebri1
    cyclonebri1 Posts: 12,827 Forumite
    Options
    Probably best to start your own new thread, however while we are all here;

The advice was pretty rubbish, you should be able to get a chipped key from any reputable locksmiths. What you won't get is a fob that operates the central locking, but it will open the car by key, assuming it has a key slot, and it will start the car and overide the car.

If you are unsure where to go visit the most local car supermarket in your area, they have issues with missing keys on a regular basis and will be able to tell you where the nearest able locksmith is.
    If you are smart you may be able to blag a discount on the back of the garages name, ;), I did.
    I like the thanks button, but ,please, an I agree button.

Will the grammar and spelling police respect I do make grammatical errors, and have carp spelling, no need to remind me.;)

Always expect the unexpected:eek:and then you won't be dissapointed
  • jonhwalker
    Options
    Hi, thanks for the reply, i will probably try timpsons see if they can help, if not has anyone got any idea what i could do,cos am scared of loosing this last key i got.
    many thanks
  • cyclonebri1
    cyclonebri1 Posts: 12,827 Forumite
    Options
    jonhwalker wrote: »
    Hi, thanks for the reply, i will probably try timpsons see if they can help, if not has anyone got any idea what i could do,cos am scared of loosing this last key i got.
    many thanks

You can lead a horse to water bu.........................hammer.gif, ie beatdeadhorse5.gif
    I like the thanks button, but ,please, an I agree button.

Will the grammar and spelling police respect I do make grammatical errors, and have carp spelling, no need to remind me.;)

Always expect the unexpected:eek:and then you won't be dissapointed
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport