Ryanair flight prices-up and down!

Options
SparkyG
SparkyG Posts: 341 Forumite
First Anniversary Combo Breaker
edited 24 June 2010 at 5:52PM in Flights, currency & car hire
Sorry if this has been discussed before, but couldn't find it....

Does anyone know why Ryanair flight prices change? I can't see any 'pattern' or reason for the prices to fluctuate. Is it supply and demand, market forces etc?

I'm looking at a flight to Carcassonne in Sept, (a trip I've done many times before at varying prices), and I never know when to book! Sometimes I go for a good price and then find they fall, other times I congratulate myself as the price rises.

Any insight welcome. I am restricted to set dates BTW
:beer: My glass is half full :beer:

Comments

• Esmerelda
    Esmerelda Posts: 91 Forumite
    Options
    I too keep my eye on Ryanair prices as I have family in Mallorca. I don't know why prices fluctuate but I tend to assume it's due to availability and offers (i.e. no taxes). If you've got set dates though I suggest you buy as soon as you see a price you're happy with then stop looking. True that they might drop but why torture yourself over it? You'd be really annoyed if the price goes right up and you completely miss the lower fares.
  • rafter_2
    rafter_2 Posts: 242 Forumite
    Options
    The new offer from midnight is upto 30% off all fares in Sept/Oct if you fancy gambling. They might bang all the flight up by 40% at 11.59pm though lol. How does the current price compare to your previous flights? I'd agree with Esmerelda though and soon as you see a price your happy with then book it.

I did the same today, my previous highest all-in fare on Ryanair was £5 but I bought 4 x return flights today for a total of £240 and my dates were flexible to within 6 weeks, my choice of airport was flexible to 3 doing the route and the flights I booked were for Sept which could go down at midnight. I was tempted to wait and see but I was happy with the price though and would kick myself more if they went up rather than them going down. They were the cheapest ive seen the route for a while though which helped lol.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure