What DFW Actions Have You Taken Today?

Options

Comments

• moozie_2
    moozie_2 Posts: 3,063 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I've been looking at this thread for ages trying to find something positive to post and I'm coming up with some pathetic excuses :rolleyes: Must try harder tomorrow!

OK....
    1. Was going to go out for meal and drinks but friend cancelled so saved money there :beer:
    2. I took home made lunch to work.
    3. I cooked enough for 4 last night so OH and I had dinner ready and waiting when we got home for no additional gas/time use
    4. I had £15 put back onto my CC from jackpotjoy after putting £10 in it! So, £5 profit plus £20 from Quidco :beer:
    5. I'm just doing our shopping list for the week as it's food shopping day tomorrow!
    6. I've spent a lot of time on DFW forum today offering support to fellow DFWs :cool: (ok ok clutching at straws :rotfl: )

Here's to better things for all of us tomorrow!
    Leason learnt :beer:
  • Hello
    Hello Posts: 358 Forumite
    Options
    Evening all.

I am off to make a banana cake in a moment with 3 left over bananas (no!!? Really? Not guava fruit then?) rather than throw them out.

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
    Ciggie free 2am 21/09/06. Debt free 25/06/09.
    'It was such a lovely day I thought 'it's a pity to get up'' W. Somerset Maugham.
  • judi24
    judi24 Posts: 2,272 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Tried to do asda shopping online - but failed! long story!:eek:
    But got a new job that in 4 months will make a subsatntial dent in my debts.
    By getting this job I can also claim back a conference fee of 380 pounds witch i paid on my cc before my lightbulb moment. The hospital I got the job in said they would pay if i was successful. This will go straight back on the cc. In the past I would have spent it.
    So i have learned something!
  • crawley_girl
    crawley_girl Posts: 2,010 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I did a balance transfer from my Egg card as 0% is about to end on to my new 0% card.

I worked out to the exact penny how much to transfer minus September's payment...

:heartpuls CG :heartpuls
    Ever wonder about those people who spend £2 apiece on those little bottles of Evian water? Try spelling Evian backward.
  • moozie_2
    moozie_2 Posts: 3,063 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    moozie wrote:
    I've been looking at this thread for ages trying to find something positive to post and I'm coming up with some pathetic excuses :rolleyes: Must try harder tomorrow!

OK....
    1. Was going to go out for meal and drinks but friend cancelled so saved money there :beer:
    2. I took home made lunch to work.
    3. I cooked enough for 4 last night so OH and I had dinner ready and waiting when we got home for no additional gas/time use
    4. I had £15 put back onto my CC from jackpotjoy after putting £10 in it! So, £5 profit plus £20 from Quidco :beer:
    5. I'm just doing our shopping list for the week as it's food shopping day tomorrow!
    6. I've spent a lot of time on DFW forum today offering support to fellow DFWs :cool: (ok ok clutching at straws :rotfl: )

Here's to better things for all of us tomorrow!

Can I add that I just worked out that I've now paid off 25.88% of my debt since I started :Dyes, I'm bored :rolleyes:
    Leason learnt :beer:
  • Susan_C_4
    Options
    Suffered minor accident at work on Tuesday so have not been out of house since and not spent a penny (apart from sending hubbie out for newspapers and painkillers!). Have had to cancel a few arrangements so saved loads of money!!!
  • kathfisch
    kathfisch Posts: 3,042 Forumite
    Options
    moozie wrote:
    Can I add that I just worked out that I've now paid off 25.88% of my debt since I started :Dyes, I'm bored :rolleyes:

Woooooooohooooooooo!!!! :j :j

Well done Moozie, that's really cool :D
    Don't stress, relax, let life roll off your backs. Except for death and paying taxes, everything in life is only for now... Avenue Q
    Official DFW Nerd Club - Member no. 003 :DProud to have become debt free... and striving to keep it that way
  • LookingAhead
    Options
    Did something else just now! :D
    Just messaged First Direct to tell them to close a credit card I had opened with them....I was going to balance transfer on a fixed very low interest rate however I went to Tesco in the end on 0%.

I still got the FD CC and it's been sitting in my purse (not used). I just got the scissors out and snipped it into a squagillion pieces (ahhh I love that feeling) and told them so!

Looked at my online account today and I am overdrawn already (only got paid yesterday :rolleyes: ) BUT I am happy because I saw the last payment on my Amazon CC go out! That one is all gone now....just the Tesco one to go now (see EHallets Head to Head on that one!)

Next month sees the start of the overdraft being clawed back down again......
    Bank Balance: In the black for the moment.
    Sainsburys Loan: Cleared July 2010
    Credit cards: AMEX Airmiles Card: direct debit set to clear balance monthly
  • LookingAhead
    Options
    PS Well done Moozie! 25%!! That is certainly not to be sniffed at.
    Bank Balance: In the black for the moment.
    Sainsburys Loan: Cleared July 2010
    Credit cards: AMEX Airmiles Card: direct debit set to clear balance monthly
  • cheletastic
    Options
    I am off to make a banana cake in a moment with 3 left over bananas (no!!? Really? Not guava fruit then?) rather than throw them out.

Hi Looking Ahead, I've got some left over bananas - how do you make banana cake? - I have no recipes!! :rolleyes:
    Official DFW Nerd - Member 408 - Proud to be dealing with my debts!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure