when breaking TPS

Options

Comments

• looby75
    looby75 Posts: 23,387 Forumite
    Options
    hollydays wrote:
    You mean,you live in the Recycle box?

LOL well my house is small but not quite that small. I don't even open that junk mail it just goes from the letter box to the recycle box
  • C_Ronaldo
    C_Ronaldo Posts: 4,732 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    We have been getting a load of cold callers at the mo, from 02081812010.

I did a search on them last night and they are a marketing company for magazines, I have been having up to 10 calls a day from these up to about 9pm at night, according to them, they are within OFCOMs regualtions on this,

They do have an email address to get you put on the no-call list but apparently it takes ages to get into the system.

i had them call me on my mobile and whenever i pick it up theres no one there, i think its a company who offer a trial subs to the Stuff mag
    No Links in Signature by site rules - MSE Forum Team 2
  • iwanttosave_2
    Options
    C_Ronaldo wrote:
    i had them call me on my mobile and whenever i pick it up theres no one there, i think its a company who offer a trial subs to the Stuff mag

If from all sorts from the Haymarket Publishing companym and they do loads of mags from classic FM to formula 1.
    Work like you don't need money,
    Love like you've never been hurt,
    And dance like no one's watching
    Save the cheerleader, save the world!
  • netally
    netally Posts: 69 Forumite
    Options
    I keep getting calls on my mobile. Usually at work I have it on silent, and I end up getting 5 or 6 voicemails a day of just the hanging up tone! The other week when I answered a witheld number it was some Indian call centre saying "congratulations, you have won a free phone" etc. Grr! Does TPS work for mobiles? God knows how they got my number.
  • hollydays
    hollydays Posts: 19,812 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Yes you can register with tps for mobiles-mps i think.
  • RedOnRed
    RedOnRed Posts: 1,190 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    From now on all the unsolicited junk mail rubbish that Royal Mail put through my door is going straight in the nearest letter box.

After all, it is theirs and I haven't asked for it.
  • kittiwoz
    kittiwoz Posts: 1,321 Forumite
    Options
    Anthillmob wrote:
    i am fed up of mobile companies ringing trying to flog me a mobile. and when you mention TPS they say 'oh i didnt realise you were registered'

what actually shows on their screens then?

are our numbers not TPS flagged?

I think it varies between companies. I did tellesales for a short while and we were just working dialling numbers from printed lists. I think they were just culled from the phone book. When we'd crossed all the numbers off we threw the sheets away. Some companies obviously do have things like computer screens, autodialers and headsets but other "direct marketting" companies are still very low tech. I don't know what the people who do have computers see on the screens but they at least probably have an organised database from which they could remove you.
  • oldagetraveller
    Options
    RedOnRed wrote:
    From now on all the unsolicited junk mail rubbish that Royal Mail put through my door is going straight in the nearest letter box.

After all, it is theirs and I haven't asked for it.

Place it in envelopes and send to Royal Mail, Customer Services, Freepost, Romford, RM1 1AA. They're certain to have their own junk returned then.
  • RedOnRed
    RedOnRed Posts: 1,190 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Place it in envelopes and send to Royal Mail, Customer Services, Freepost, Romford, RM1 1AA. They're certain to have their own junk returned then.

Why should I place it all in envelopes that i'll have to pay for when I can stuff them in a post box in the same way they do with my letter box?
  • Poppycat
    Poppycat Posts: 19,913 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    I have been getting 3 of these calls the last 2 days. When I get to phone its dead.

I rang number is cpc telemarketing. I emaield them but ist come back undelivered.
    customercare@cpctelemarketing.com Thats what I got from there message when I rang the number
    We have been getting a load of cold callers at the mo, from 02081812010.

I did a search on them last night and they are a marketing company for magazines, I have been having up to 10 calls a day from these up to about 9pm at night, according to them, they are within OFCOMs regualtions on this,

They do have an email address to get you put on the no-call list but apparently it takes ages to get into the system.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure