Business Class Fly/Drive to Orlando...

Options
My family and I are looking to go to Florida in May 2011. We have some accommodation sorted, but are looking for a Fly/Drive deal to accompany it. I've no idea where to start! Can anyone recommend any websites offering cheap(ish) deals, ideally flying the next one up from Economy class.

I don't post much, so here's hoping I've posted in the correct place! Thanks in advance.
Hindsight is a wonderful thing

Comments

• richardw
    richardw Posts: 19,458 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Where are you in the Uk?
    Posts are not advice and must not be relied upon.
  • owsaboutthatthen
    Options
    I'd be travelling from Manchester.
  • dmg24
    dmg24 Posts: 33,925 Forumite
    Options
    Do you mean Premium Economy/ World Traveller Plus rather than business class? Are you ok with indirect flights?
    Gone ... or have I?
  • owsaboutthatthen
    Options
    dmg24 wrote: »
    Do you mean Premium Economy/ World Traveller Plus rather than business class? Are you ok with indirect flights?

I'm after extra leg room, and extra comfort, as opposed to any other special extras......so whatever that's called! I've only flew long haul twice before, and flew very basic, and it was terribly uncomfortable. I'm not sure my mum would want to be faffing with indirect flights, so if there are any airlines that offer direct ones from Manchester, then those would be preferable.

I know I'd spend too long looking for something cheap(ish), as I don't do a lot of travelling, so any help would be greatly appreciated. :)
  • dmg24
    Options
    The only scheduled airline that flies that route is Virgin Atlantic. There are charter airlines who fly that route and some have a premium offering, but it will not match the standards of Virgin.

How much are you looking to pay?
    Gone ... or have I?
  • richardw
    Options
    Look at virgin Atlantic premium economy and charter airlines' premium seating. Manchester airport website can be helpful about who flys where to.
  • owsaboutthatthen
    Options
    dmg24 wrote: »
    The only scheduled airline that flies that route is Virgin Atlantic. There are charter airlines who fly that route and some have a premium offering, but it will not match the standards of Virgin.

How much are you looking to pay?

That's just it, because we've no idea how much it'll cost, we haven't put a limit on it. I suppose if we're faced with some figures, then we can work round it, either by changing the dates/times etc to bring the cost down (if need be). Looking to go round about the 9 May or thereabouts, for 2 weeks.
  • richardw
    Options
    Look at the charter airlines' prices to get a feel for costs.
  • dmg24
    Options
    I would be looking at £1000 each to fly with Virgin, possibly more if in school holidays.

I don't know which charters offer a premium cabin on that route, but I would guess it would be around £700 each.
    Gone ... or have I?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport