trying to get my money BACK!!!!

Options
I was going to use benefical claims regarding my credit card. I had to pay 3 instalments of £120.00 but I decided to cancel the contract which was within 14 days. The first instalment did go through and I have been trying to get my money back since March! I have rang them, emailed and written to them. I have had excuses after excuses. First it was a backlog, then it was they had moved offices and then it was a change in procedure, which was the first person who set up the agreement had to authorise the refund. Which he did and I was told that the money would be with me in 72hours. Now Im told there is a delay as they have a backlog. What do I do now???

Comments

• marshallka
    marshallka Posts: 14,585 Forumite
    Options
    mgm45 wrote: »
    I was going to use benefical claims regarding my credit card. I had to pay 3 instalments of £120.00 but I decided to cancel the contract which was within 14 days. The first instalment did go through and I have been trying to get my money back since March! I have rang them, emailed and written to them. I have had excuses after excuses. First it was a backlog, then it was they had moved offices and then it was a change in procedure, which was the first person who set up the agreement had to authorise the refund. Which he did and I was told that the money would be with me in 72hours. Now Im told there is a delay as they have a backlog. What do I do now???
    Is this a claims management company you are using? I don't quite understand your post?
  • mgm45
    mgm45 Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options
    The company said because my credit card was over a certain date i could get the balance written off. I was talked into it and gave all my details over the phone. When I got the paperwork that is when I cancelled. So from March I have been trying to get my £120.00 back. Hope this helps
  • di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Options
    mgm45 wrote: »
    The company said because my credit card was over a certain date i could get the balance written off. I was talked into it and gave all my details over the phone. When I got the paperwork that is when I cancelled. So from March I have been trying to get my £120.00 back. Hope this helps

Hi there

I would be very wary with using these companies, don't know if you had the chance to read through the threads - but lots have had problems and still waiting over a year or 2 on, not saying its this actual company but maybe you should contact the Ministry of Justice (MOJ) and ask for their advice on this company.
    http://www.justice.gov.uk/contactus.htm
    They should check them out for you as well.

I'm sure Marshallka will have some good advice on this for you when she comes back.;)

Good luck.
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • Common_Sense_2
    Options
    ironically, if you used your credit card to pay for the installment you can do a request under s75 CCA to your credit card issuer. They will then refund the money and claim it back of teh CMC.

Take it as a lesson learnt - if you owe the money - pay it back!
    We've spent decades teaching people about their rights, but nothing about their responsibilities.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure