Need advice about items purchased

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Praise, Vent & Warnings
5 replies 540 views
hd7481hd7481 Forumite
300 Posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Praise, Vent & Warnings
We ordered £106 worth of wholesale jewellery from a website (i won't name names at the moment) on the 17th August and it and the money came out of our account pretty much the next day. The order followed in the next few days and is riddled with problems. Rusty bent earrings, wrong items being sent, items substituted and items missing. They didn't even bother to refund us the difference between what we ordered and what we recieved which was about £10.

We emailed them immediately and got back an automatic response saying it is their goal to personally answer all emails within 24 hours. I have had to email several more times, using every email address they have and have had no response from any of them. My husband started phoning them Monday last week and their answering machine was full and couldn't accept any more messages. They have since emptied it but it always goes to answering machine. He left a message today for them to phone us back but i get the distinct impression they are trying to ignore us in the hope we go away.

Their T&C's state that for returns you must get in contact within 7 days and they will issue a returns number. This is what we have been trying to do! Since it has been more than 7 days i am worried they will turn around and state this.

Also their T&C's state that for hygiene reasons they cannot accept earrings back, but seriously if i was to wear these, let alone sell them, an ear infection would definately arise.

I am at a loss what to do. I just want to send the whole order back as i would not be buying further items from them. I feel we have been treated absolutely disgusting.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

HD

Replies

• RAMBLERRAMBLER Forumite
    1.2K Posts
    I'm sure there will be others following with more specific advice, but if I have any issues like this I either go to Trading Standards or the CAB. Both are extremely friendly and give give you specific and legal advice about where to go next.

Good Luck
    There is no need to run outside
    For better seeing,
    Nor to peer from a window.
    Rather abide at the center of your being.

Lao Tzu
  • hd7481hd7481 Forumite
    300 Posts
    I was thinking the CAB would be a good place. I have no idea how they are running a business. I know they read emails as they process orders.

Also i forgot to mention they had a couple of items on their site at £0.00 so we ordered several each. Now they didn't arrive and was probably an error on their part but are they not supposed to honour these prices or at least give an explanation? They were on our delivery sheet so where are they?
  • hd7481hd7481 Forumite
    300 Posts
    Phoning Trading Standards this morning. Found a mobile number for this company and the person either pretends its not them or hangs up on me. This is not at all professional. This could have been over and done with if they would just speak to us.
  • hjb123hjb123 Forumite
    32K Posts
    If you paid by credit card could you speak to the card issuer and see what they say and whether they are able to do a chargeback? Do you have a returns address for the company that you are in dispute with?
    Weight Loss - 102lb
  • hd7481hd7481 Forumite
    300 Posts
    Yes i do, but they say you must contact within 7 days for a returns number which is really what we have been trying to do. It was paid by Switch. They are going to be told later today that Trading Standards are involved (if they answer or don't hang up). Using 141 seems to be working but as soon as we ask for Mandy they say its her sister or she is not available etc. I am not so bothered about getting my money back but absolutely in shock that a company can operate by treating its customers like this. If we can stop them doing this to others then great.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Energy price cap could be extended beyond 2023

New plans have just been announced by the Government

MSE News

Cheap contents insurance for tenants

DON'T assume your landlord covers you

MSE Guides

Summer sizzlers round-up

Incl £2ish sun cream & £1.50 disposable BBQs

MSE Deals