Auto Europe car hire - Malaga

Options
Hi guys,

I'm just searching for a car hire for Malaga for September and was wondering if they are any good. Have searched and lots of people on here seem to have used them but not much feedback (although when there is it seems to be good).

They are the cheapest and seem to include £0 excess on the Colision Damage Waiver etc which is very good as most don't include the £0 excess...

Only slight issue I can see is the "collect full, return empty" fuel trick but that seems to affect most companies unless they are double the price...

Thanks for the feedback.

Comments

• Gloomendoom
    Gloomendoom Posts: 16,550 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 17 June 2010 at 6:01PM
    Options
    They were the cheapest when I was looking for a hire car in France recently. Lots of the reviews I read complained about extra costs being added at the end of the rental. I think they do say something like 'Local charges may apply' when you book.

It put me off. You can always buy the excess insurance separately.

Edit: This is one of the review sites I looked at. Linky
  • ailuro2
    ailuro2 Posts: 7,535 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    we used CarHire3000 in Malaga for the best price, the car we got had loads of dents on it, like it had been out in a hailstorm, but they were all like that, new experience for us! had about 30K on the clock too.:eek: Not like your usual rental cars, but they way they drive over there...

ps tale a satnav, the roadsigns aren't always visible, or pointing in the right directions.:rotfl:
    Member of the first Mortgage Free in 3 challenge, no.19
    Balance 19th April '07 = minus £27,640
    Balance 1st November '09 = mortgage paid off with £1903 left over. Title deeds are now ours.
  • MORPH3US
    MORPH3US Posts: 4,906 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Did they try and rip you off in any way ailuro2? With extra charges or anything....

Carehire3000 seem to have "zero excess" on their CDW and theft insurances" so thats good and I have used them in the US before and they were fine.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure