burger king

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Praise, Vent & Warnings
41 replies 2.3K views
AnthillmobAnthillmob Forumite
11.8K Posts
✭✭✭✭✭
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Praise, Vent & Warnings
and no im not moaning about cheese burgeras this time.

me and my sister popped into the small BK at east croydon station and she brought some chips for her youngest.

as he is only 2 years old she asked if she could have one of their paper cups (like coffe or coke cup, whatever was available) to put the chips in so he could hold them properly without spilling.

she was refused with just a shrug of the shoulders and a look of 'me not understand english' (im not being racist it honestly looked like he didnt understand what she said). we asked again and again she was refused.

A PAPER CUP.

:rotfl:

as we were leaving i called him a tightar$e.
There's someone in my head, but it's not me

Replies

• hjb123hjb123 Forumite
    32K Posts
    maybe the words paper cup werent in the vocabulary they were taught in their training and english lessons?
    Weight Loss - 102lb
  • grex9101grex9101 Forumite
    1.5K Posts
    maybe a basic understanding of english should be mandatory for anyone working or living in this country - BEFORE they get to work or live here.
    The word is BOUGHT, not BROUGHT.
    It's LOSE, NOT LOOSE.
    You ask for ADVICE not ADVISE.
  • add to that training of "tolerance" and acceptance that we have here in multi cultural Britain.....
  • grex9101grex9101 Forumite
    1.5K Posts
    fruitcake wrote:
    add to that training of "tolerance" and acceptance that we have here in multi cultural Britain.....

i'll be perfectly tolerant and accept them well when they start living in this country as a citizen of it, language and customs included, rather than trying to make it an annexe of a country hundreds of miles away.
    The word is BOUGHT, not BROUGHT.
    It's LOSE, NOT LOOSE.
    You ask for ADVICE not ADVISE.
  • hjb123hjb123 Forumite
    32K Posts
    I agree! Though I guess someone has to flip the burgers! I do enjoy a Burger King every so often - they are pretty tasty - alot more so than Mcdonalds!
    Weight Loss - 102lb
  • hjb123 wrote:
    I agree! Though I guess someone has to flip the burgers! I do enjoy a Burger King every so often - they are pretty tasty - alot more so than Mcdonalds!

I love bk burgers and mcdonalds fries
  • davsidippdavsidipp Forumite
    11.5K Posts
    i am not racist but went shopping today in tunbridge wells kent have not been for a long time how times have changed camdenroad has shops for polish selling polish food what? i was shocked seeing that it used to be stockbroker belt. even the shops had polish staff although it is fair to say a lot of the shops were asking for staff i personally feel we have a polish invasion as i live in london and seen it change not for the best oh well dorset here i come!
    Before you point fingers,make sure your hands are clean !;)
  • I'm not racist 'but' ... does not negate the fact that you then went on to say some fairly racist things. Maybe those polish food shops are for polish stockbrokers, they're not all burger flippers you know.
    Membre Of Teh Misspleing Culb
  • Aren't there shops selling english food and products abroad? There are plenty of UK ex pats around the world and english shops spring up around them.
    Baby Year 1: Oh dear...on the move

Lily contracted Strep B Meningitis Dec 2006 :eek: Now seemingly a normal little monster. :beer:
    Love to my two angels that I will never forget.
  • C_RonaldoC_Ronaldo Forumite
    4.7K Posts
    1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    grex9101 wrote:
    maybe a basic understanding of english should be mandatory for anyone working or living in this country - BEFORE they get to work or live here.

you would have thought that would already be a requirement, i worked for one of the big supermarkets and the employed a huge amount of polish people but there were some who didnt speak one word of english and mistakes were made due to them not understanding english
    No Links in Signature by site rules - MSE Forum Team 2
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Card providers to reserve up to £100

When you pay at supermarket fuel pumps

MSE News

Cheap contents insurance for tenants

DON'T assume your landlord covers you

MSE Guides

Summer sizzlers round-up

Incl £2ish sun cream & £1.50 disposable BBQs

MSE Deals