🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Euros - prepaid card?

Options
Hi all

Thanks in advance for anyone that can help :beer:
I'm off to Spain in a few weeks and will be settling the balance on my hotel (140 Euro) plus will obviously need spending money for the week (am budgeting the 140 Euro for hotel plus around 250 Euro spending money).

I have an alliance and leicester debit card (which I don't want to use over there at all unless in an emergency) and I definitely don't want to use a credit card over there!

So - I'm thinking of a pre-paid card or simply taking cash..... Most of you I know will think it's a no-brainer probably and that I shouldn't take a wadge of cash in case it gets lost / stolen, but a lot of it will be paid to the hotel straight on arrival and I am pretty careful.

What is your advice? Sensibly I think i should take a pre-paid card, but have you any recommendations? Do I get one with just Euros loaded on it? What happens to the balance when I get home and if i haven't spent it all? How can I get the cash back in the UK if its in Euros on the card? Sorry if these are stupid questions, just want to be prepared!!
Pounds, shillings and pence; I caught a dirty wench, I gave a cough, her leg fell off, pounds shillings and pence :rotfl:

MSE EXPERT - THE CARLSBERG OF THE MONEY WORLD :beer:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 4 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family