We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

0845 Numbers - is there a cheaper way of calling?

Options
is there a cheaper way of calling 0845 no's from a BT line. Others site members have suggested the very useful call1899 etc but none of these seem to discount 0845's.

Thanks in advance for any help

regards Huggins

Comments

• Heinz
    Heinz Posts: 11,191 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    Yes, there are five (0844) dial-through providers which'll save you a third on BT's weekday peak rate of 3p - see the MSE UK Callchecker.

[strike] However, BT [strike]is cheapest evenings (1p/minute) and [/strike]weekends (1p/minute at the moment [strike]but to[/strike] go down to ½p/minute on 1st October 2006).[/strike]

See UB's correction below for current best evening and weekend 0845 rates [strike](N.B. 18185 appears to have gone missing from the MSE Callchecker listings for 0845 and 0870 calls at the moment).[/strike]
    Time has moved on (much quicker than it used to - or so it seems at my age) and my previous advice on residential telephony has been or is now gradually being overtaken by changes in the retail market. Hence, I have now deleted links to my previous 'pearls of wisdom'. I sincerely hope they helped save some of you money.
  • utilitybroker
    utilitybroker Posts: 2,207 Forumite
    Options
    Heinz wrote:
    However, BT is cheapest evenings (1p/minute) and weekends (1p/minute at the moment but to go down to ½p/minute on 1st October 2006).

No 18185 are cheaper at the moment at half a pence a minute,Evenings and Weekends.(4p connection)

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=252993
  • RoCas
    RoCas Posts: 3,929 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Or find a geographical alternative number at http://www.saynoto0870.co.uk/search.php
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 249K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure