Can't contact Boohoo and want a refund.. can you help me?

Options
This is a bit long winded but please bear with me as I would very much appreciate any advice:

I recently bought some clothes from boohoo.com and want to return some of the items. I checked the returns policy which is "within 14 days of date shown on your dispatch note". I dont have a dispatch note, but I do have a delivery note, there are two dates on there, my order date (18th May), and my despatch date (25th May). As I received these on the 26th May, I took it that I had at least 14 days from the despatch date. I tried to return them online within the two weeks but it said I "wasn't eligible for returns". I then emailed Boohoo on 3 different days and from 2 email addresses (in case there was a problem with the 1st one I was using) in order to arrange delivery back to them and a refund. I have tried to call them several times today with no response (the line is constantly engaged).

I am unsure how to proceed. I am now passed the date by which I could return them (Tuesday 8th June). How do I complain to a company I can't contact? Does anybody have any ideas or suggestions of what I can do now?

Again, thank you in advance for any advice.

Comments

• Optimist
    Optimist Posts: 4,556 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    You don't seem to be alone.

If your on facebook look at their page, lots of complaints about lack of contact but they do seem to reply on there
    "The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts."

Bertrand Russell. British author, mathematician, & philosopher (1872 - 1970)
  • Tweederley
    Options
    Ooooh thanks for that Optimist.

I will give that a go over the weekend and keep my fingers and toes crossed.

:)
  • The_Pedant
    The_Pedant Posts: 634 Forumite
    Options
    If you have emailed their customer services requesting details on how to return the goods to cancel the original order, and have a copy of the email, then that would count as suitable notification to cancel the order under the provisions of the Distance Selling Regulations. They are then obliged to refund your money within 30 days (starting on the day you notified them).

If they do not reply of give the instructions required then that is irrelevant, you are still entitled to return the goods even outside of the 14 days, as you have given them the required statutory notification.

Just keep on trying to get hold of them in the meantime to expedite matters.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure