Credit Rating for a recent UK arrival

Options
benqld
benqld Posts: 14 Forumite
Hello

Myself and my wife have recently moved to London from Australia.

We want to get a 0% on purchases for 9 - 12months credit card.

We arrived in Nov 09, and both have full time permanent jobs earning fairly good salaries.

We are currently renting, but we own a few properties back in australia.

What would be our best options to increase our credit worthyness so that we would get a decent limit on a 0% spend CC ?

Thanks

Ben

Comments

• saskay
    saskay Posts: 53 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    benqld wrote: »
    Hello

Myself and my wife have recently moved to London from Australia.

We want to get a 0% on purchases for 9 - 12months credit card.

We arrived in Nov 09, and both have full time permanent jobs earning fairly good salaries.

We are currently renting, but we own a few properties back in australia.

What would be our best options to increase our credit worthyness so that we would get a decent limit on a 0% spend CC ?

Thanks

Ben
    0% cards could & will prove to be difficult to obtain given your circumstances. You may want to consider speaking to your bank and see what they say. Because when the decline your application in the letter you receive there would be something along these lines ....
    "[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif;]If you would like us to reconsider your application then please write to us with any further information that you feel may help your application. This could include any information you have obtained from Experian, your last 3 months bank statements and or details of any savings, property or investments you have.[this is from Co-operative fin. ser.][/FONT]"
    May be then you could send your payslips etc...and also in some cases a copy of your credit report from Australia [this may work with banks which operate both in UK & Australia] to show how well you managed your credit.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure