🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

I got paid three days ago....

Options
I got paid three days ago and I've yet to go to the cashpoint. In fact I had £80 in the bank. This is totally unheard of.

Since I discovered this site I've:

Got cashback for my mobile. (£360 a year)
Always take my lunch into work (£624 a year :eek: )
Started baking (mixed results, it's been a while ;) )
I thought I was being good by buying my diet coke in 6 packs from the supermarket, rather than one can at a time. I've now switched to sainsbury's own make dandelion and burdock.(£224 a year)

Stopped going down the pub every night (that's healthy and moneysaving).(£1040 :eek: :eek: )

I've also stopped smoking but I'm not sure if that's anything to do with this site.(£780 a year)

I find the multiplying how much you spend over a year really helps so I haven't actually saved the above amounts yet, but I will.

Still after 4 months that equals £472.
Plus my bet matching profit of £40

This is the first time I've actually added it up. I think I may have to lie down for a bit :D

Comments

• kerryhoney
    Options
    Sounds pretty darn good to me. Especially that diet coke thing. OMG - what a lot of money! Going down the drain....so to speak ;)
    Total Debt (not incl. mortgage) £35,612 25/8/06 :mad:
  • suffolkb
    suffolkb Posts: 1,299 Forumite
    Options
    I`m trying to get my daughters to take a lunch to college.It`s only about £1.50 for a sarnie and a bottle of water,but that`s still £30 a month when they could just raid their mothers fridge and take a bottle of filtered water.
    Tesco diet coke is only £1.99 for 12 cans and tastes pretty good.
  • Contains_Mild_Peril
    Options
    Changing from Coke is good for your conscience as well as your pocket -they're not exactly the most ethical company around.
    I rarely buy soft drinks in cans: I usually refill empty small plastic bottles, which works out even cheaper. A while ago, I bought a pack of 24 bottles of appleade from Farmfoods for £2.50. Now I've finished the appleade, I'm using the bottles for Jucee blackcurrant squash (£1 for 3 litres, which makes about 12-15 litres of diluted drink, also from Farmfoods).
  • Edimew
    Edimew Posts: 142 Forumite
    Options
    I take your point. I'm quite proud of giving up my coke addiction though. I suffered really bad withdrawel headaches (It's the only time I drank cafeine) at first, but fine now.

I had thought about squash but I like a bit of fizz with my lunch.I really should stick to filtered water, provided free at work.

Still baby steps and all that. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 7 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family