FOS agreed that LLOYDS TSB to pay but they have not replied

Options
Hi

FOS agreed that LLoyds are to repay my Credit Card ppi however they have not replied within the two week deadline. I understand that this now is referred to the ombudsman. Does anyone know if FOS are involved am I allowed to contact LLOYDS to discuss why they are not paying or should i leave it to FOS.

thanks

Comments

• di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Options
    jarves5555 wrote: »
    Hi

FOS agreed that LLoyds are to repay my Credit Card ppi however they have not replied within the two week deadline. I understand that this now is referred to the ombudsman. Does anyone know if FOS are involved am I allowed to contact LLOYDS to discuss why they are not paying or should i leave it to FOS.

thanks

Hi there

This happened to my husband as well, although all finally resolved now.

I would now leave it to the ombudsman to deal with, and hopefully you won't be waiting too long for it to be passed on.

You should also now due to this be entitled to further redress on top for the distress and inconvenience this have caused.

Good luck with this.;)
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • Diddles1978
    Diddles1978 Posts: 29 Forumite
    Options
    The chap adjudacating at the FOS and agreeing with my misselling claim said they are ignoring a high amount of cases within the two weeks allocated.

Why would we expect anything else from Lloyds even though we all partly own them.
  • di3004
    Options
    The chap adjudacating at the FOS and agreeing with my misselling claim said they are ignoring a high amount of cases within the two weeks allocated.

Why would we expect anything else from Lloyds even though we all partly own them.

LOL, yes good point that.;)

The same happened to me and hubby as well, with some of the accounts, finally resolved after long last, but we do however still have non related ppi issues being dealt with by the FOS right now against these as well, we are expecting it to be the usual process.......
  • Diddles1978
    Options
    I gave Lloyds a quick ring today asking what was happening with my claim they were very friendly saying nothing new to tell me and the FOS hadnt contacted them. But knowing otherwise I told them they had actually had a letter a week ago telling them I had won my case and was due a refund and how I laughed as her tone changed to very annoyed as I said why are you ignoring this and will you bothering to reply to the FOS or me within the 14 days as I understand you are ignoing rather a lot of the cases you have lost. I managed to say dont worry I will be ringing again tomorrow for an update before she slammed the phone down, they dont like being chased funny because the ring me over 10 times a day if I forget to pay my £15 c.card bill.

:T
  • di3004
    Options
    I gave Lloyds a quick ring today asking what was happening with my claim they were very friendly saying nothing new to tell me and the FOS hadnt contacted them. But knowing otherwise I told them they had actually had a letter a week ago telling them I had won my case and was due a refund and how I laughed as her tone changed to very annoyed as I said why are you ignoring this and will you bothering to reply to the FOS or me within the 14 days as I understand you are ignoing rather a lot of the cases you have lost. I managed to say dont worry I will be ringing again tomorrow for an update before she slammed the phone down, they dont like being chased funny because the ring me over 10 times a day if I forget to pay my £15 c.card bill.

WOW LOL...........:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::T:D
  • marshallka
    marshallka Posts: 14,585 Forumite
    edited 10 June 2010 at 10:29PM
    Options

If a customer service advisor slammed the phone down on me after ringing about "their" mistake I would ask for a SAR and an apology also. They really should not treat you like that. It is not their money they are giving out. Its profits, or should I say interest, earned on profits from money that they made from ripping people off for PPI.

Also do you mean its only been two weeks since winning? If this is the case then I know that when I won with the bank they said to give them about 5 weeks for payment. I did chase it though and it was actually sooner.
  • Diddles1978
    Options
    The chap at the FOS said Lloyds have 14 days to reply and if they dont it will go to the Ombudsman and I will be informed within 3 weeks. He said they have been ignoring a large amount of cases they have lost, it will take a little while to get it reviewed but not as long as the 5 months I have had to wait for a adjucator. They are stupid as they will have to pay out more compensation to everyone, cant wait to ring them later.
  • marshallka
    marshallka Posts: 14,585 Forumite
    Options
    The chap at the FOS said Lloyds have 14 days to reply and if they dont it will go to the Ombudsman and I will be informed within 3 weeks. He said they have been ignoring a large amount of cases they have lost, it will take a little while to get it reviewed but not as long as the 5 months I have had to wait for a adjucator. They are stupid as they will have to pay out more compensation to everyone, cant wait to ring them later.
    Ah right, so LLoyds are just ignoring that you have even won. I have seen this happen with them before but at least up to yet they have not disputed it. If it s goes to the Ombudsman its usually a bit longer than 3 weeks though as you are then back in the queue (sorry to dampen things here) so hopefully they will settle beforehand. Good luck and 5 months waiting for an adjudicator is also good. Last year the wait was anything from about 12 to 18 months. Was this fast tracked can I ask cause I have a complaint there now and am a bit rusty as to the waiting time?
  • echobeach
    echobeach Posts: 16 Forumite
    Options
    Unfortunately the banks are ignoring a lot of adjudicators decisions .
    By law the banks do not have to comply with anything an adjudicator says.
    However when an ombudsman himself makes a decision they have to comply,
    My own case against Egg was upheld in November last year by an adjudicator and Egg were told to pay up, but they did nothing , no amount of letters or phonecalls changed anything.
    Therefore since the adjudicators decision I have been waiting my turn in the queue for an Ombudsmans decision 6 months so far.
    The good news though is that the FOS have recruited (finally ! ) more ombudsman doubling the total to around 60 'ish, so hopefully this queue should reduce quickly.
    Sorry to be the bearer of bad news ,but the fact they they are ignoring the adjudicators decision tells me they know that they are beat ! It's just delaying tactics i'm afraid, but we'll get there in the end , good luck all.
    Echobeach
  • jarves5555
    jarves5555 Posts: 12 Forumite
    Options
    Hi

The two week deadline has passed since FOS agreed that LLOYDS should settle my PPI claim on Credit Cards.

I have now received a letter from FPS to say Ombudsman will now review. Does anyone know how long this will take as it has now been 23 months since I complained to FOS.

Is it worthwhile me contacting LLOYDS and what is the best number to call?

many thanks
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport