Advent-ures in the MSE Forum... Our Advent calendar is live, helping you discover a new corner of the community each day. Visit the homepage and scroll down

OMG!!! Infringement of Copyright Letter

in Consumer rights
39 replies 8.9K views
I am at the end of my tether and soooooo lost with this.........I received a letter yesterday from a solicitor acting on behalf of 3 people who wrote a song.
It stated that they have got information from my ISP (Sky) that I have illegally downloaded a song which belongs to them!
They say that 1. Promise never to do it again, 2. Delete the song, 3. Pay them £295 damages.

I just dont know what to do!!!!!

Ok.....There are 4 of us in the house, My partner can barely turn a laptop on let alone download something, My daughter did not have a laptop at the time of download and is not into that type of music, I have only ever downloaded songs on Itunes for my sons ipod (cost me around £10 to download and he never uses it). If anyone has ever offered us Cd/dvd copies..I always say no because I am totally against them!!!! I would rather own the real thing.

Get this....the song downloaded was 'Evacuate the Dancefloor by Cascada'!!!!! There is no way in hell I would ever even buy it.

What on earth shall I do!!!! please help as I just dont agree with this or have a spare £300.

All help would be very appreciated. Thanks

Replies

This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Cheapest Christmas dinner

We've crunched the numbers to find the best prices

MSE News

Advent Competitions

The countdown is on

MSE Forum