PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Knit Your Square to Give Your Share - PART 4

Options

Comments

• sock-knitter
    sock-knitter Posts: 1,630 Forumite
    Options
    evening ladies, had a much better day today. had some support and advice over what happened yesterday, and more phone calls to make monday. all seems calm now
    finished sewing up a childs jumper, and did the neckband, which has been waiting ages in my knitting bag, and sewn seems on the other one. trying to complete some of the wips
    this weeks update
    2 kids jumpers
    i watched the england match with the boys, now going to have a little bit of me time, and watch casualty that i recorded earlier
    hugs all
    shaz xxx
    loves to knit and crochet for others
  • dpixie
    dpixie Posts: 315 Forumite
    Options
    morning all - an early start for me today after a disappointing evenings football.

thank you for all the lovely words about my cardi's, i can only take credit for making them, may gets the credit for finding the pattern. it was a brilliant find, i believe. elaine - the cardi is quite small and will fit a 0 - 3 month old, i think, but then what would i know?

i will try to post the link for the pattern ... http://needleworkersroom.blogspot.com/2008/07/hexagon-sweater-revisited.html - that looks right, i hope that it works. however, if it doesn't, look up cozy's corner on google and then crochet under her sub-headings and the pattern is right there.

have a lovely day everyone, i am going to take my crochet and sit in bed and watch all the rowers on the thames for a while.

hugs to all who need them, and to anyone else who wants one.

dpixie
    1 oxfam jumper, 19 hexagon jumpers and 1 beanie!
    :)
  • shezmit
    shezmit Posts: 781 Forumite
    Options
    i am doing abseil with my mom today:j:j:j:j:j while she has her energy, really excited as it will be some extra special memories x x x
    Knitting for premature babies and babies that are born to soon :T
    TOTAL: 4 SANDS BLANKET, 18 CROCHETED BLANKETS, 4 GOWNS, 2 SLEEPING BAG (PRIVATE REQUEST), 1 BIB, 8 BOOBS, 3 CARDIES, 9 VENTS, 3 KNITTED BLANKETS, 1 PAIR OF BOOTIES, 1 HAT,
  • In_Search_Of_Me
    In_Search_Of_Me Posts: 10,634 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all..lovely day yesterday. did town then got dvd's and enjoyed them - mum and J watched the footy (banished to mums room - really cant stand it!) while I watched "The lovely bones"...I'd read the book so wasnt dure how they would make it into a film but they did well. Today is church (J staying at home!) before getting cats from lodger - one coming her for now and the jealous one will go to her new home. Then home for lunch before taking J to the train. cast on my second arm for cardi which I hope to finish today or tomorrow...will have couple quiet days as want to be here to supervise cats as they get used to each other....:)
    Hope the abseil goes well shez...
    Sock knitter will be around this even if you want to chat anything through..
    miol hope electrics etc ok...
    Enjoy the packing dp! Lucky you being able to watch the rowers on the thames! I used to live by chelsea old church and had my own balcony...lovely to watch the world go by!
    Ok must on as things to do!
    Nerd no 109 Long haulers supporters DFW #1! Even in the darkest moments, love and hope are always possible.

• roamin_in_the_gloamin
    roamin_in_the_gloamin Posts: 1,942 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 13 June 2010 at 9:59AM
    Options
    Quick pop in - haven't caught up with all the work let alone all the postings on the forum, SIL and boyfriend are out a walk, DH has gone out on the bike so I suppose I could do some tidying - not flamin likely, managed to get the ironing done very early this morning before anyone else apart from me and the dogs were up, so I feel I am ahead. Lunch is a bung it on the barbie, time for me to do a bit of reading me thinks.
    Elaine - found this hexagon pattern which looks easier for me - http://www.bevscountrycottage.com/hexagon-jacket.htm
    Mrs Twins, lovely blankies on the blog, I like F1 will try a bit harder to actually do something from your next challenge.
    Anne, hope your MIL is on the mend, just awful when there are poorlies.
    Shezmit, good luck for you and your mum on the abseil - something I love doing.
    F1 - have you managed to get unpacked yet? Hey an aid parcel would have been really handy, luckily enough nearly everyone has a washing machine these days, I only intended being down there for two days, but circumstances conspired to keep me nearly a week - NOTE TO ME - next time pack loads you just never know when you will need it SECOND NOTE TO ME - put wool and needles/crochet hook into a bag and leave it in the car ALWAYS, just never know when that one will come in handy.
    ISOM - hope your having a rare time with mum and neice
    DPIXIE - did you find a parcel man? try Parcels2go, see what they can come up with.
    Kathy, hope the thunder lightening and electrical work at yours is nearly all over now
    MAYTAURUS - are you OK, not seen you around for a wee while? Have you found us on NUTTY KNITTERS - PART 4?
    Sorry if I have missed anyone, but I only managed to skim the posts. Love and huge cuddles to everyone, hope you all have a great sunny smiley day.

OK I must scoot as I do have a heap of things I really do need to do, I cancelled my sewing class today in order to give me more time to get things done - failed miserably but promise to try harder in future. Will be back when I can.
    xx
    The Hooligan Wooligan – age 9¾
    Charity Knitting 2015-
    2xSIBOL butterflies -86x squares
  • mioliere
    mioliere Posts: 6,838 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi everyone.

Jean - hope you manage to catch up with things, but also that you take time out to relax! I keep a bag of wool and a hook, along with the pattern for the ten-minute crochet preemie hat pattern, in a bag ready for long trips out in case I am out for longer than I expected to be.

Shez - good luck with the abseil - rather you than me; I had enough of heights helping DH to plasterboard the ceiling here!

Hope all the Mums are doing well today.

I have finished my throw but have to decide how to edge it - it's all trebles so I may continue with that around the edge. I am perilously short of all the different colours of wool I have used, so I may have to cobble something together.

The match last night was disappointing but I think the press should leave that poor goalie alone so that we can all look forward to the rest of the tournament. He did make a fantastic save later on in the game (plus, because of the age I am, I can't help feeling for him in a motherly way!). I thought that England played very well and had most of the possession of the ball (why do we all become armchair experts when it's the World Cup? DH has taken to calling me 'Ronetta Manager'!) What I can't understand is that here, the French don't seem to realise they are even in the World Cup; there's absolutely no evidence at all! Right now I am really missing the atmosphere that I know will be going on back home! The Brits really do know how to party! Anyway, onwards and upwards, I say!

Well, I'd better go and do some chores, I suppose.

Hope you all have a great day.

KathyXX
    KNIT YOUR SQUARE TOTALS:

Squares: 11, Animal blankets: 2
  • Seakay
    Seakay Posts: 4,265 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hello all!
    The ITV after match programme agrees that France are not in the tournament, Mioliere - they have substituted Ireland in the discussion panel of supporters from all competing nations!
    Love to all - I've skimmed through to catch up - and hope that all the poorlies are at least able to enjoy the weekend
    good luck to Shezmit.
    I've not managed any charity knitting but have made a start on a C******** jumper!
    Have a nice day with your Mum, ISOM.
  • Pippa.S
    Pippa.S Posts: 2,650 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi all :hello:
    not been in for a few days I have been doing a few easy things though.

:wave:Kathy the 10minute crochet hat is sooo easy but I am worried they have come out a bit small they only measure 10cm across and 7cm high, is that right? or have I done something wrong. I did change from dc to tr as it looked like the instructions were in US terms as the hook size was G

MIL is looking better now still weak but DR seems pleased with her, I think its because they are making her drink lots of water which she HATES!! but she was so dehydrated they had to get some fluids into her. She wants wants to go home as well so I think thats a good sign.
    Wont be going to the hospital this afternoon, BIL is coming up so he will visit today.

DS2,DIL,DGS and my Mum, are coming for Lunch today so I am looking forward to our little get together.
    I feel I have neglected my Mum while MIL has been ill, so this will be a treat for her not having to cook and no washing up either ;)
    I hope the sun comes out and stays out, I bought a little paddling pool as a surprise for DGS so I was hoping he would be able to play in it today....but we shall see :)

Will post my update in the next post.

A BIG THANK YOU to all of you for being there and listening to my ramblings, sending (((hugs))) for you all

Anne
    x

Shelley and Mum good luck to you both I think you are very brave, but what a lovely memory maker for you.
  • Pippa.S
    Pippa.S Posts: 2,650 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    UPDATE

2 - CHALKY SQUARES
    2 - MRS TWINS SQUARES
    2 - CARDIS
    2 - PREEMIE HATS

Anne
    x
  • Mrs_Twins
    Mrs_Twins Posts: 201 Forumite
    edited 13 June 2010 at 12:56PM
    Options
    Hi Everyone on MSE,

Happy Sunday!
    Just popping in to thank you all for your very kind comments on my blankets.
    I really do appreciate the help I have received from everyone on MSE who has
    very kindly contributed Squares to my SIBOL Project. I hope you understand I
    don't have too much time to post regularly on here but I just want you to know
    I am grateful.

OOh, just to let you know I have added another Challenge to my blog.
    Deadline end of September.
    If anyone wants to send in Christmas Squares.
    I know it is early but this will allow for me to make up Christmas Blankets
    to be donated as well as the usual ones.
    6" Squares
    Red Green White,
    Acrylic if possible (Dont worry if not)
    So any pattern, using these colours only.
    There is a limit on up to 3 each, because I think this one will
    be popular.

COULD YOU PLEASE REMEMBER TO ENCLOSE YOUR NAME, ADDRESS, EMAIL ADDRESS So I can acknowledge your Squares, thank you!

Please join in the fun. I know its only 'JUNE' but then I will have time.
    I'm having such a wicked time over on SIBOL please check me out.
    www.sunshineinternationalblanketsoflove.blogspot.com
    also
    www.flickr.com/photos/sues_favourite_things
    Go to Sets along the side and see my SIBOL Blankets.

ANY ENQUIRIES [EMAIL="sueatpigsty@talktalk.net"]sueatpigsty@talktalk.net[/EMAIL]

OOh, my article was in 'INSIDE CROCHET' this week. Issue No.8.
    It's available at W.H. Smiths, Hobby Craft.
    There are a couple of mistakes, namely my name they put me as 'Sue Twins' instead of Mrs Twins 'User Name'. They also said I donate my Blankets World Wide, but of course I don't (not yet anyway! ha.ha.!!)

Thanks alot once again,
    Hugs Suex
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family