Nokia 6230 or Sony K700i

Options
Which one is the better phone?

Any advice.....Thanks!!!

Comments

• knuckledragger
    Options
    you wot!
    You need to put down a few more pointers as to what you need in a phone.
    Both are good phones but have slightly differing features, layout and menus.
    I have a few friends that have 6230's and they swear by them but it's horses for courses.
    ...and then the window licker said to me...
  • Ive got a 6230 and you wouldnt go far wrong if you got one, you can also upgrade mmc card to a larger size and have loads of music on your phone
  • itgirlinuk
    Options
    I used to be a big fan of a NOKIA, not anymore. I love my Sony and I think its got great features. Personally, I will go for Sony K700i. But all this depends on what you want the phone to do...
    The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket. :rolleyes:
  • JasonW_2
    JasonW_2 Posts: 705 Forumite
    Options
    Ive had the 6230 for just under a year, from the day it came out infact :) Can't fault it in any way, great little phone, and like the other person says, you can turn it into a fantastic MP3 player for very little cash. Got a 1Gb card in mines and works fine. Doesnt show the free space correctly, but I use a card reader to copy the tracks over so no probs there.

Don't like anything Sony makes, no offence to anyone, just think they are well over-rated and overly expensive .

JW
  • fatboyonadiet
    Options
    Why don't you get a Samsung D500?
    2p off is still 2p off!
  • Queenie
    Queenie Posts: 8,793 Forumite
    Options
    I've just got a 6230 and I'm LURVING it :D

Never had a Sony, so can't comment.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    PMS Pot: £57.53 Pigsback Pot: £23.00
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • NESSIEHUNTER
    Options
    I had the Sony T610, and now the K700i, I prefer the Sonys, as the Nokias seem to be for kids, (my own opinion).
  • Queenie
    Queenie Posts: 8,793 Forumite
    Options
    I had the Sony T610, and now the K700i, I prefer the Sonys, as the Nokias seem to be for kids, (my own opinion).

ROFLMAO ... ooooooookay! Put me down as an OLD kid then ;) (nanax2!)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    PMS Pot: £57.53 Pigsback Pot: £23.00
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • naijaman
    Options

another big kid in da house!!

I used to have the T610 too but i've gone back to Nokia, and i'm lovin the 6230
  • me1000uk
    me1000uk Posts: 123 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    It depends whether you want expandable memory. I work in CPW and have experienced both phones.

if expandable memory is not an issue, and you do not plan on putting your mp3 collection on the phone.

then definately the k700i is better.

the memory is bigger as standard (negating the expandable memory) 40 mb as oppose to 32mb on the nokia.

the camera is better quality (slightly) and the screen is a million times better when it comes to viewing things as it is significantly bigger. The camera also has a light which slightly improves photos in darker conditions.

The phone looks more professional too.

if you like to listen to alot of music, then the nokia 6230 is for you due to the expandable mem.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure