🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

credit card debts

Options
hi i am new to this site so i dont know what i have to do really ! i have 3 credit cards which i owe about £10,000 what ever i seem to pay off them does not seem to make any difference to the outstanding balance as im being charged with so much intrest , do you have any advice how or what i could do ? many thanks

Comments

• bouncydog1
    bouncydog1 Posts: 2,696 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Suggest you go over to the debt free board and post up a full statement of affairs - income and outgoings - see sticky at the top of the page - and let people have a look to see where you can make savings to pay more off of your cards.

They may be able to suggest ways of shuffling the debt round to save on interest. However you need to prepare yourself for constructive criticism - if you are looking for a way to get the debt written off this is unlikely to be the response you will get. Good luck.
  • lisajanes1404
    Options
    please could you help me , i dont know how to get on to the debt free board !
  • Tixy
    Tixy Posts: 31,455 Forumite
    Options
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=76 Follow this link and then have a read of the 'sticky' thread 5 from the top called Help for First Time Posters...
    A smile enriches those who receive without making poorer those who give
    or "It costs nowt to be nice"
  • scoot65
    scoot65 Posts: 471 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    please could you help me , i dont know how to get on to the debt free board !

Can you manage to find your way out of bed on a morning???
  • lisajanes1404
    Options
    there is no need in being like that is there ! you were new to this site once
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 2 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport