We've changed the name of this board from 'Greenfingered MoneySaving' to simply 'Gardening'. This is to help make it easier to find for the horticulturally inclined. The URL remains unchanged for the time being, so all links to the board are unaffected.

cures for dead grass

Options
2»

Comments

• allan673
    allan673 Posts: 1,213 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    same bad experience with patch magic, nothing grew either, what a waste of money that was!
    i bought a bag of fine topsoil and some grass seed, shoots are appearing after 10 days.
  • deano23285
    deano23285 Posts: 229 Forumite
    Options
    cool cheers, thinking i'm cut out the dead bits then use a compost and seed mix, then i need to reseed the rest ad i have missed bits all over the lawn, lol next time i move into a new house i'm ripping the lawn up and starting again!!
  • BargainGalore
    BargainGalore Posts: 5,243 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    You could just get some turf easy to fit but needs regularly watering until bedded in
  • deano23285
    deano23285 Posts: 229 Forumite
    Options
    good suggestion but not really got the money at the moment, not with my wedding next year
  • Suzy_M
    Suzy_M Posts: 777 Forumite
    Options
    Also suggest you train dogs to go in one small area only - Yes it can be done.
  • Peckedhen
    Peckedhen Posts: 122 Forumite
    Options
    We trained our dog to go on the tarmac by the back door - it was great for a few months but then it started to smell despite being soaked regularly in Jeyes Fluid and bleach. She was retrained to go on the lawn, following with a watering can does help but doesn't totally eliminate the brown patches. We have just lifted turf to make raised beds and so have used that to fill in. We now have a patchwork lawn but it looks better than it did.:j
    Preemie hats 9 :j
  • worcestersaver
    Options
    I have the same problem with dogs in the garden.
    I used bought Canada Green Velocity Patch, sowed it and within 14 days it was it was better than the grass around it.
    The cheapest I found was http://www.boydsdirect.co.uk/acatalog/canada-green-velocity-patch.html
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure