• enfield_freddy
    enfield_freddy Posts: 6,147 Forumite
    Options
    must be an age thing , this thread was started 9 yrs ago
  • dealer_wins
    dealer_wins Posts: 7,334 Forumite
    Options
    musky37 wrote: »
    I have completed nearly 8000 prizes to win on my offers and I have not won a single thing.must be wasting my time

In English please?
  • WardyGTC
    WardyGTC Posts: 8 Forumite
    Options
    I know this is an old thread but as it's a current issue there's no harm in keeping it alive.

My Offers IS genuine but there are a few things to bear in mind.

Spam is the biggest downside, I get maybe 100-150 spam emails a day. I filter them so it's not too intrusive but I do skim through them before emptying the folder in case there's a winners notification in there.

You never see winners of the big prizes on their website because the big stuff is other companies competitions NOT My Offers'. They enter on your behalf, generally the competitions are run on multiple websites to generate massive mailing lists. There will be hundreds of thousands of entries from many sources so the chances of winning are small.

Not all the prizes shown can be won. If you check the T&C's there will be 5 or 6 prizes of an equal value that relate to that draw, only one of those prizes can be won. I assume if you were lucky enough to win that then you would get the choice of which prize you get. For example, there are draws now for £20k cash, £20k off your mortgage, a round the world trip and 3 different cars - all valued at £20k and all listed in the T&C's on each draw. So you're not entering 6 draws for 6 different prizes, it's all one draw for one prize of £20k.

They encourage you enter multiple times over a long period, I don't believe this will increase your chances of winning. Almost all prize draws have a single entry rule, they are just trying to increase their click rate so that they can attract more business for the surveys which is how they make their money.

The competitions for smaller prizes are run directly by My Offers and can only be won via their site. I won a candy floss maker on Friday and it was delivered on Saturday. It wasn't the car or TV I'd hoped to win but it was nice to get something.
  • marleyboy
    marleyboy Posts: 16,698 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    SPAM is inevitable. but even I can vouch for this site as being legit.
    :A:dance:1+1+1=1:dance::A
    "Marleyboy you are a legend!"
    MarleyBoy "You are the Greatest"
    Marleyboy You Are A Legend!
    Marleyboy speaks sense
    marleyboy (total legend)
    Marleyboy - You are, indeed, a legend.
  • PhilT81
    PhilT81 Posts: 6 Forumite
    Options
    Well, thanks to the impartial advice of NicoleLW09, I'm convinced.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure