Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Oopsadaisy wrote: »
    A bit what???

whoopsy, i meant to say a bit old
  • kford224
    kford224 Posts: 214 Forumite
    Options
    I know this is an old thread, but wanted to add that I won £500 of House of Fraser vouchers on My Offers back in 2008. I didn't have to call anyone, I just got a call saying that i'd won and confirming my address (on the site) and I received them two days later via Special Delivery :)

The only things to be wary of are ones where they ask for your mobile number in the questionnaire (you can still enter the competition without filling in these bits) and also very rare ones where it mentions a subscription (Lotto...etc). As long as you use your common sense then it's fine, a perfectly legit site :)
  • eclecticgal
    Options
    about 5 years ago I used to promote competitions through my offers. The competitions were genuine, your odds of winning really not very good. The way they worked then (for promoters) was that they guaranteed you a certain number of leads for the prize that you put up. And they would promote your competition through a whole range of channels to get you that number of leads.

So genuine yes...high chance of winning...no. Of course it may have all changed since I was promoting through them. I sold that business so I have no way to find out.
  • harri102
    Options
    Hi there,

I'm a complete newbie, but myoffers was one of my first competition wins (A Roberts Digital Radio/115 pounds.) I thought the same to begin with, and was unsure I would ever receive my prize. But after 3 weeks the cheque arrived and it cashed fine. :)

Hope that helps.
    "Luck is believing you're lucky" Tennessee Williams :)
  • acejazzbass
    Options
    I also have spent far too much time, nay wasted time entering these competitions, literally 1000's of clicks maxing out every entry. I am not surprised not to have won anything, but the thing that makes me suspect them all is that almost invariably, the larger prizes (large Tv's, cars etc) disappear after the closing date and no winner is ever displayed, as having won them. Then the fake prizes are then recycled to a later closing date. They really do need some serious investigation.
  • brettcta
    brettcta Posts: 4,693 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    holy thread bump batman!
    helpful tips
    it's spelt d-e-f-i-n-i-t-e-l-y
    there - 'in or at that place'
    their - 'owned by them'
    they're - 'they are'
    it's bought not brought (i just bought my chicken a suit from that new shop for £6.34)
  • RosiPossum
    RosiPossum Posts: 519 Forumite
    Options
    I set up a different email address for it so the spam doesn't bother me at all.
  • acejazzbass
    Options
    Thanks for the spilling tips, and Kelsey grammer lesson, achilly I am fyne at speling
  • brettcta
    brettcta Posts: 4,693 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Thanks for the spilling tips, and Kelsey grammer lesson, achilly I am fyne at speling

your spelling is clearly better than your comedy, that's for sure
    helpful tips
    it's spelt d-e-f-i-n-i-t-e-l-y
    there - 'in or at that place'
    their - 'owned by them'
    they're - 'they are'
    it's bought not brought (i just bought my chicken a suit from that new shop for £6.34)
  • musky37
    musky37 Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    I have completed nearly 8000 prizes to win on my offers and I have not won a single thing.must be wasting my time
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure