🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

What charges on cc for goods from USA?

Options
Hi there - I have a standard Natwest cc (visa) and a Nationwide flexaccount visa. What charges are there on my credit card for goods bought online from the US? Is it a percentage of my purchase or is there a standard charge? AFAIK, they will want payment in US$. The item is a simple $17.99.

Thanks in advance for your replies.:beer:

Comments

• KTF
    KTF Posts: 4,820 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    There is no currency conversion or other loading fees on the Nationwide card. You get the interbankrate at the time of the purchase.
  • crayon_2
    crayon_2 Posts: 72 Forumite
    Options
    Great. Nationwide it is then!!

Thanks KTF.
  • JohalaReewi
    JohalaReewi Posts: 2,614 Forumite
    Options
    When I had a NatWest visa, the commission was 2.75% plus 75p per transaction.
  • Joe_Bloggs
    Joe_Bloggs Posts: 4,535 Forumite
    Options
    Don't you have to pay import duty on items that are over a certain limit ? There may be exceptions, catagories of goods and all sorts of rules. A certain useless parcel service does its best to get them all wrong.
    J_B.
  • nomoneytoday
    nomoneytoday Posts: 4,866 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Joe_Bloggs wrote:
    Don't you have to pay import duty on items that are over a certain limit ? There may be exceptions, catagories of goods and all sorts of rules. A certain useless parcel service does its best to get them all wrong.
    J_B.

Yep - the limit is about £18, depending on the type of item.
    There is a full list on the HM Customs website
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 6 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family