Excess Reimbursement Insurance

Options
Has anyone ever taken out Excess Reimbursement Insurance with worldwideinsure.com. Would you recommend this company or would you suggest to stay away from them. Any other recommendations if these are not suitable?

Comments

• Max_1066
    Max_1066 Posts: 169 Forumite
    Options
    Hi

Is this car hire excess insurance ? I've not used the company mentioned although this company is quite popular:-

http://www.insurance4carhire.co.uk
  • busiscoming2
    busiscoming2 Posts: 4,459 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    rhetta76 wrote: »
    Has anyone ever taken out Excess Reimbursement Insurance with worldwideinsure.com. Would you recommend this company or would you suggest to stay away from them. Any other recommendations if these are not suitable?

We have this insurance with them, but have not had to claim so dont know what they are like, sorry.
  • Gloomendoom
    Gloomendoom Posts: 16,550 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Max_1066 wrote: »
    Hi

Is this car hire excess insurance ? I've not used the company mentioned although this company is quite popular:-

Hey! Nice referral link. :T

Here's mine...

questor-insurance.co.uk

I usually take it out, but I also have never had to claim, so I can't comment on how reliable Questor are.

With most of these policies you can also extend the cover for near home use, which is useful if you ever need a 'courtesy' car from a garage for any length of time. It will save you a fortune.
  • zml
    zml Posts: 71 Forumite
    Options
    We used insurance4carhire.com and had to claim this year for an accident in France. All paperwork was submitted approx 4 weeks ago but we are still waiting to hear the outcome. We have had a letter saying our case is being investigated.
    Hopefully I will be able to post an update soon.....!!!!
  • zml
    zml Posts: 71 Forumite
    Options
    Finally paid up on Friday direct into my bank account. Apparently the claim was held up due to the volcanic ash disruption..still my bank account is now a healthy £1000 better off now.
    I have to say that providing you read the small print and get copies of everything they require, the claim was trouble free. The only downside is the fact that you have to pay out the money to start with so if you can't afford to do that you are probably better off taking out the CDW when you hire the car.
  • jontedkes
    jontedkes Posts: 68 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Max_1066 wrote: »
    Hi

Have you used this company yourself? I have been looking at getting this for our forthcoming trip to the US and have found it on topcashback. Does CDW and LDW just cover the cost of any incidents minus the excess which the customer has to pay themselves? (Unless you have the extra insurance of course). I am going to be driving in Vegas this time and due to the sheer volume of traffic I think it might be a good idea to get it.
  • Donnie
    Donnie Posts: 9,862 Forumite
    Options
    jontedkes wrote: »
    Have you used this company yourself? I have been looking at getting this for our forthcoming trip to the US and have found it on topcashback. Does CDW and LDW just cover the cost of any incidents minus the excess which the customer has to pay themselves? (Unless you have the extra insurance of course). I am going to be driving in Vegas this time and due to the sheer volume of traffic I think it might be a good idea to get it.

Have used them. They are fine. if you have questions get them from the horse's mouth.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure