PLEASE READ - Posts by the MSE Team and BG's - merged

Options

Comments

• Barnabysue
    Barnabysue Posts: 9,058 Forumite
    Options
    You're supposed to be commenting on the thread here: http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/...1#post55289441 rather than this one.
    Luck is believing you’re lucky – Tennessee Williams

May your pockets be heavy and your heart be light. May good luck pursue you each morning and night – Anonymous
  • fire**fly
    fire**fly Posts: 147,842 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Barnabysue wrote: »
    You're supposed to be commenting on the thread here: http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/...1#post55289441 rather than this one.

thanks BS :D gave up trying to help let everyone know :eek:
    cornish, LM both said as well perhaps peeps might take notice now :D
    please be a responsible pet owner & spay/neuter your pets, too many strays & not enough homes for them sadly. k2u58ioz4c8e.png

• surfboard2
    surfboard2 Posts: 2,006 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    lol, maybe the thread can be locked?
  • Zanderman
    Zanderman Posts: 4,684 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    lol, maybe the thread can be locked?

It needs more than locking - it needs the opening post to link to the full thread, not just the one entry in it!

You'd think that the "MSE Forum Manager" would be able to work that one out - but so far, obviously not, as his/her thread here is just confusing, asking us to comment on a single post that doesn't say what it's about.

So come on "MSE Forum Manager" - sort it out and edit the first post here to explain what the skip button is for and link to the relevant thread, not just an out-of-context post.
  • babymoo
    babymoo Posts: 3,187 Forumite
    Options
    Zanderman wrote: »
    It needs more than locking - it needs the opening post to link to the full thread, not just the one entry in it!

You'd think that the "MSE Forum Manager" would be able to work that one out - but so far, obviously not, as his/her thread here is just confusing, asking us to comment on a single post that doesn't say what it's about.

So come on "MSE Forum Manager" - sort it out and edit the first post here to explain what the skip button is for and link to the relevant thread, not just an out-of-context post.

And the need for that was? Everyone else has found it alright and had been grateful to the forum manager for listening to what us compers want. GO back to bed and get out the other side!
  • Sparklez30
    Options
    I would love a skip button that way I would know I had seen the comp but wasn't interested in it! :)

Great Idea!
  • JamboDP
    JamboDP Posts: 41,293 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    great idea
    I do it just for fun and whatever I win is a bonus
  • itsmeexxx
    itsmeexxx Posts: 132 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    as above in previous posts, can you please comment here:
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4059599

ive sent a merge request to Glad, dont know if this is possible (not being a comp) but fingers crossed xxx
    .♥➷♥•*any spare luck most welcomed*.♥➷♥•
  • Zanderman
    Zanderman Posts: 4,684 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Zanderman wrote: »

babymoo wrote: »
    And the need for that was? Everyone else has found it alright and had been grateful to the forum manager for listening to what us compers want. GO back to bed and get out the other side!

Apols if you're offended! The 'need for that' should be obvious - the comments in this thread demonstrate that a lot of people have not 'found it alright' as they're commenting in the wrong place.

The thread confused me when I clicked on it because it doesn't tell you what it's about, and neither does the linked individual post. Yes, it can be deduced - but why not just make it easier by linking better or explaining better. By not doing so I suspect that a significant proportion aren't understanding what's being proposed or why.

So, the 'need for that' was to nudge the OP to a fuller explanation. Perhaps I was a bit abrupt in my phrasing, but there's no need for you to ask what the purpose was - it should be clear. What was your post for?
  • Blulu
    Blulu Posts: 7,634 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I think what you said makes sense, but it does read a little bit angry. That's the trouble with written language rather than spoken; it often comes across different to how it's meant. I wouldn't say I was exactly offended, but I did find it a bit uncomfortable. I'm very grateful to the tech team as they're working hard to improve the forum for us. We don't want to bite the hand that is feeding us, I guess :D
    I am brave, I am bruised
    I am who I'm meant to be
    I'm not scared to be seen
    I make no apology
    THIS IS ME!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts