PLEASE READ - Posts by the MSE Team and BG's - merged

Options

Comments

• itsmeexxx
    itsmeexxx Posts: 132 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Just to let you know i emailed "the big boss" and asked if they can link the two threads together to stop any confusion and also pointed out that the managers thread leads to a dead end. Should be sorted out soon. :-)
    .♥➷♥•*any spare luck most welcomed*.♥➷♥•
  • lucygoosy
    Options
    I just wish the search function would be better, i.e. being able to use + and - like in ebay when looking for a dress, but not black. Then we could search for comps, minus 'FB' or 'email' in the title ect.
    Jan:£500 Cottage,TNA tix,Vodka party.Feb:Starwarstix,Tshirt,Hammerfest,
    GreedyGourmet,Bareminerals,Tea.Mar:Vancouver hols,Forkmag.21 Jump tix,HDaz launch,vits,South Pacific&hotel,Makeup,beads,Jar.Apr:3D TV,ipad,sky.May:Kew gig,bag,soap,baby stuff.Jun:Hyde Park gigJul:food fest.Aug:Fitness retreat, choc workshop.Sep:
  • weeowens
    weeowens Posts: 81,990 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 28 August 2012 at 1:08AM
    Options
    lucygoosy wrote: »
    I just wish the search function would be better, i.e. being able to use + and - like in ebay when looking for a dress, but not black. Then we could search for comps, minus 'FB' or 'email' in the title ect.
    The issue there is that we do not often have a consistent posting style on titles.
    Some do not add the date in the required style whilst many miss the extras eg (FB).I'm as guilty as some on this plus the title length is character limited so all info cannot often be placed.
    The general search is not too bad but is reliant on OP's posting full links eg Primary & Direct links.
    It's not perfect on here but way better on search than many other comping portals available to us in the UK.
  • ski_tzo
    ski_tzo Posts: 22 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I agree with weeowens regarding the titles, it drives my OCD crazy when I'm scanning through the postals as quickly as I can, but its hard to correct someone when they are putting so much effort in and some people take it as some sort of attack on them no matter how polite you are.

Anyone want to volunteer to be a titles tsar?

In terms on the buttons I really like the ideas put across on the other thread although since they changed the button I keep clicking spam by accident!
  • fire**fly
    fire**fly Posts: 147,850 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 28 August 2012 at 12:49PM
    Options
    ski_tzo wrote: »
    I agree with weeowens regarding the titles, it drives my OCD crazy when I'm scanning through the postals as quickly as I can, but its hard to correct someone when they are putting so much effort in and some people take it as some sort of attack on them no matter how polite you are.

In terms on the buttons I really like the ideas put across on the other thread although since they changed the button I keep clicking spam by accident!

Glad usually amends the title for any comps if they are pm'd to her if they're incorrect on the date etc :)
    afaik only the BG's can amend titles, i was advised by a BG when i asked about titles to send the post to a BG & ask politely for them to alter/amend if we/you/whoever think they're incorrect, hth x
    please be a responsible pet owner & spay/neuter your pets, too many strays & not enough homes for them sadly. k2u58ioz4c8e.png

• LadyMorticia
    LadyMorticia Posts: 19,899 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    fire**fly wrote: »
    Glad usually amends the title for any comps if they are pm'd to her if they're incorrect on the date etc :)
    afaik only the BG's can amend titles, i was advised by a BG when i asked about titles to send the post to a BG & ask politely for them to alter/amend if we/you/whoever think they're incorrect, hth x

People can amend the titles of their own threads by going "Edit" and then "Advanced". :D

Unless I completely misunderstood your post.:o
    2019 Wins
    1/25

£2019 in 2019
    £10/£2019
  • fire**fly
    fire**fly Posts: 147,850 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    [QUOTE ski_tzo=;55438225]I agree with weeowens regarding the titles, it drives my OCD crazy when I'm scanning through the postals as quickly as I can, but its hard to correct someone when they are putting so much effort in and some people take it as some sort of attack on them no matter how polite you are.

In terms on the buttons I really like the ideas put across on the other thread although since they changed the button I keep clicking spam by accident![/QUOTE]
    People can amend the titles of their own threads by going "Edit" and then "Advanced". :D

Unless I completely misunderstood your post.:o

hi LM, i was responding to ski_tzo where they asked if anyone wanted to volunteer to be a titles tsar :o

yes, we can amend our own titles :) what i meant was i used to post the comping guide 'how to amend your title' sometimes on threads if the op had made a typo/etc but sometimes the op never got back to the posting for whatever reason, so i enquired with a bg what the correct procedure might be :) i was advised that it was best to pm a bg with the post so they could amend/redo whatever needed to the title,
    hth x
    please be a responsible pet owner & spay/neuter your pets, too many strays & not enough homes for them sadly. k2u58ioz4c8e.png

• LadyMorticia
    LadyMorticia Posts: 19,899 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    fire**fly wrote: »
    hi LM, i was responding to ski_tzo where they asked if anyone wanted to volunteer to be a titles tsar :o

yes, we can amend our own titles :) what i meant was i used to post the comping guide 'how to amend your title' sometimes on threads if the op had made a typo/etc but sometimes the op never got back to the posting for whatever reason, so i enquired with a bg what the correct procedure might be :) i was advised that it was best to pm a bg with the post so they could amend/redo whatever needed to the title,
    hth x

Ohhhhhh. Haha. Sorry.:o Brain not working today!
    2019 Wins
    1/25

£2019 in 2019
    £10/£2019
  • bargain_babs
    bargain_babs Posts: 2,369 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    loving the skip button - many thanks :)
  • RavenRae
    RavenRae Posts: 1,957 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic