Help, lost in a world I dont yet understand

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in LPG, Heating Oil, Solid & Other Fuels
1 reply 516 views
Fliss_MFliss_M Forumite
678 Posts
Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Photogenic Combo Breaker
So last year I got a call from E.ON my duel fuel supplier, do you want central heating care? Like a numpty I signed up. Well the renewal is through and its £16 p/m :eek: So I started looking and I can get that for £8p/m! But then I notice things it doesnt cover like annual service. So now am completely confussed! Everytime I look at anything I cant be sure its covering me for what I need.

The house was built Sept 2006, the boiler is Ideal and my bank is HSBC (I know they may have good deals with your bank sometimes, I just doubt mine will)

Any help would be a god send! :o
Back to my comping ways :beer:
3 beautiful daughters, a hairy bear 🐻 and a big blue Barry :love:

Praying for that Lotto win! :rotfl:


  • edited 20 May 2010 at 11:13AM
    CardewCardew Forumite
    28.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Rampant Recycler
    edited 20 May 2010 at 11:13AM
    This long thread deals CH maintenance schemes.

    Essentially there are two schools of thought.

    Pay a lot of money each month for 'peace of mind' or self insure i.e. put the money away each month and pay for any repairs/servicing on an 'as required' basis.

    It is important to note that many expensive schemes these days are not that comprehensive and they have exclusions for items like heat exchangers and power flushing.

    Some banks have cover for an 'emergency'.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Energy price cap could be extended beyond 2023

New plans have just been announced by the Government

MSE News

Cheap contents insurance for tenants

DON'T assume your landlord covers you

MSE Guides

Summer sizzlers round-up

Incl £2ish sun cream & £1.50 disposable BBQs

MSE Deals