Free Festivals

Options

Comments

• dancingfairy
    dancingfairy Posts: 9,069 Forumite
    Options
    Don't forget Bridgewater Carnival. Bridgewater, Somerset.
    Webpage here:
    http://www.bridgwatercarnival.org.uk/
    df
    Making my money go further with MSE :j
    How much can I save in 2012 challenge
    75/1200 :eek:
  • dancingfairy
    dancingfairy Posts: 9,069 Forumite
    Options
    Guildford Summer Festival
    18 June to 1 August 2010
    Taken from the Council Website [there will be] ' music, theatre, walks and tours, sport, food and drink, craft and things to keep the little ones entertained'.
    Website for more details when they are announced:
    http://www.guildford.gov.uk/index.aspx?articleid=3221

df
    Making my money go further with MSE :j
    How much can I save in 2012 challenge
    75/1200 :eek:
  • JuelzM
    JuelzM Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    Check out the website for full details: hubfestival.co.uk:j
    Check it out - designed more for teenagers but it also suitable for all ages + dogs (on leads) can go too!

From Liverpool 360 site....
    HUB Festival Summer Jam 2010 – The Homecoming!
    You’re invited to the UK’s biggest and best, award winning urban youth festival; HUB Festival 2010. From 29th – 30th May (11am-6pm), skaters, bboys, bgirls and bands will take over Otterspool Prom (further south than the old site!) for a bank holiday weekend of rockin’ out to some sweet beats, chillin’ with your mates and having an all-round amazing time which will have you Twittering, Facebooking and MySpacing away for rest of 2010.

So you thought we couldn’t top HUB 2009? Well you were wrong. Not only are we celebrating our homecoming, we’ve teamed up once again with world class skater Pete King and his team at King Ramps to bring you Europe’s largest portable vert ramp; a replica on Tony Hawks Vert, amateur street course comps featuring some of the UK’s top riders, thousands of pounds worth of prizes to give-a-way, free promos, aftershow parties and legends in BMX, Skateboarding and In-line.

Hope you go and enjoy.
  • kennyboy66_2
    kennyboy66_2 Posts: 2,598 Forumite
    Options
    http://www.africaoye.com/

Africa Oy! returns to Sefton Park, Liverpool in 2010, bigger and better than ever. Year on year, the UK's largest free African music festival just keeps on growing...

Confirmed Line up for Oy! 2010

Saturday 19th June
    BOUKMAN EKSPERYANS

HAITI LES ESPOIRES DE CORONTHIE

GUINEA CONAKRY THE GANGBE BRASS BAND

BENIN TI COCA

HAITI VICTOR DÉMÉ

BURKINA FASO
    Sunday 20th June

ANDREW TOSH

JAMAICA CARLOU D

SENEGAL LES FRÈRES GUISSÉ

SENEGAL MICHAEL ROSE

JAMAICA THE RASITES

UK TO'MEZCLAO

CUBA
    US housing: it's not a bubble

Moneyweek, December 2005
  • davidian84
    davidian84 Posts: 204 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    middlesbroughmusiclive.co.uk

Sunday 6th June
    8 Stages and bands in nearby pubs
    Highlights
    The Hoosiers
    Turin Brakes
  • Imani
    Imani Posts: 134 Forumite
    Options
    Derby Caribbean Carnival will be on this year July 17 (costume parade) July 18, 2010 main Carnival day - Contact Derby West Indian Community Centre
    More carnivals can be found listed here http://www.itzcaribbean.com/caribbeancarnivaluk
    would love to be a home owner. hate private renting
    scared of debt. almost debt free.
  • Love_My_Bargains
    Options
    10-12 Sept - Animal Windfest, Sandbanks both days FREE

I went to this last year and was fab, all on the beach front of sandbanks. This is supported by the brand animal. We managed to get loads of free stickers, signed posters of Martin Ashton Worlds Best BMXer and loads of other pro's. Even they throw out animal t-shirts, wallets ect to the crowd and my sons mate got a wallet.

During the day time......... is more of a family thing with lots of shows of watersports and BMXing.

During the evening.......is more for the adults with dance music all night.

No camping arrangements but near by B&Bs & Hotels
  • studyskills
    Options
    Astwood Bank, Worcestershire holds a fabulous carnival each year. This year it's on July 10th and the theme is 'What a wonderful world' we have put in a walking float before, it's great fun and the kids love it. check out more details on the Astwood Bank Carnival website.
  • tomexeter
    Options
    the site won't let me post the web link because I'm a new user! arg. but if you go to www and then put exeter-respect and follow that with a .org you'll get there

About Exeter Respect
    Exeter Respect is the city's annual celebration of diversity when we use performing and creative arts to promote multi-cultural understanding and say no to racism and all forms of prejudice. The Respect message is a simple one: racism and prejudice often spring fear, and fear is often based on ignorance, so let's overcome ignorance by getting to know one another and sharing not shunning our cultures. One of the best ways to get to know someone is to enjoy yourself with them, hence our celebration of diversity and adoption of the Commission for Racial Equality's simple but effective slogan: All Different, All Equal!

About Respect In The Park
    Exeter Respect has taken place almost every year since 1997 and last year we held the first Respect In The Park event in Belmont Park. That single-day celebration was so successful that this year we have organised a massive free two-day event which includes all the best elements of Exeter Respect in one go. After last year’s rain we have put more cover in the park in case the English summer let’s us down again, in particular our new World Big-top, Bollywood caf!-bar and Co-operative Village. Get along nice and early to make the most of our celebration!

All activities start at 12noon. The park is open
    to the public from 11am, arrive early to avoid queues
  • tomexeter
    Options
    the section here talks about Oxfam and DC Site Services... there is another really great stewarding organisation (who I work for!) called Green Stewards and we have a big range of stewarding opportunites - some paid and some voluntary - if you want to work at festivals then please go to www<dot>greenstewards<dot>com or look us up on Facebook

(sorry it won't let me post links)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure