Portable Gas Heaters

With spiralling gas costs I am looking at getting a portable gas heater - eg Super Ser. Has anybody any experience with theses with regards to cost and are there any downsides (or upsides) I should be aware of.

Comments

• John_3:16
    John_3:16 Posts: 849 Forumite
    I would of thought these would be no cheaper than electric?. Down side smell and condensation.
    The measure of love is love without measure
  • frosty
    frosty Posts: 1,169
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    We use one in the winter,I like them them because they give instant heat.We turn the heating off a couple of hours early and then use the gas fire in the lounge,it saves heating the rest of the house.
  • Janey51
    Janey51 Posts: 1,195
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    We use a gas heater for an hour or so before we go to work as it saves having the heating on. Our heating is oil which is very expensive!
    Its great as a boost until the log burner warms up the living room when we get home in the winter.
    I agree about the condensation problem but its only bad if you live in a nice well insulated house which we don't:D
    You have to plan ahead for gas as the Super Ser size is the most popular and (in our area) the local garage which is the only nearby supplier, sometimes is slow getting deliveries in.
    Having said that, we wouldn't be without it.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure