Utility Warehouse (Telecom Plus) Discussion

Comments

• keggs
    keggs Posts: 1,037 Forumite
    It's gone very quiet on this board now. Have the antis disappeared?
  • keggs
    Got my latest bill, and both cashback amounts are on!

The cashback from the cashback card is calculated on the item+delivery charge. The cashback from the Clubhouse part of the purchase is nett of the delivery charge. Both cashback amounts are rolled up in the bill summary shown on the 'Your Bills' section of the UW website. £8.74 represents a 16% reduction this month.

Happy days.

That's good to hear, upto.
  • janninew
    janninew Posts: 3,781 Forumite
    Cardew wrote: »
    I suspect the 'antis' are content that the message that UW charge just about the highest gas and electricity prices in UK(hundreds of pounds more than average) is getting to be common knowledge.

Disingenuous 'questions' like those above(never heard of a PM or email), designed to give publicity to UW are really rather pathetic!

'Happy Days' indeed.

How strange, I thought this board was designed to help? Maybe others had the same query as uptomyballs, why shouldn't people ask questions on here regarding UW?

I think the anti's have disappeared because some of them were worried if they carried on they might have been banned!

Nobody has broken any rules and everybody has stayed civilised, so whats the problem?
    :heart2: Newborn Thread Member :heart2:

'Children reinvent the world for you.' - Susan Sarandan
  • keggs
    Here here Janinenew
  • Cardew
    Cardew Posts: 29,036 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    keggs wrote: »
    Here here(sic) Janinenew

Where where;)
  • Cardew
    edited 25 March 2013 at 12:21PM
    janninew wrote: »
    How strange, I thought this board was designed to help?

How, pray, is my post not helping?

I am simply informing(warning) people who read this thread that UW have just about the the highest gas and electricity prices in UK.

It would be a great service to those current UW customers if they realised this and followed your very own example and left UW when(through reading this thread) you realised just how much you would save by moving away from UW - to EDF wasn't it?

If we can persuade customers to leave UW and others not to join, by exposing the truth about UW's extremely high prices, we will have achieved an objective of MSE - namely to save money; just as you did!

[Text removed by MSE Forum Team]
  • keggs
    The so called gullibles don't seem to be being influenced by you Cardew. I recently had a request to join via my pm system.

People I think are rather bored now with your message. Instead of hindering UW it might actually be helping.
  • Cardew
    keggs wrote: »
    Instead of hindering UW it might actually be helping.

I can live with that! it is a free country.

If they are unwise enough to join UW, you deserve each other!
  • keggs
    The find me the cheapest search engine should have gone live today as far as I am aware. UW don't let anything go through if there is any doubt or problem, so they must be doing some last minute testing.

To use Cardew's phrase - I can live with that.

Since Express Day, UW is seeing massive growth despite the antis protestations. I don't think anyone is taking much notice of them anymore. They obviously don't agree with them.
  • keggs
    Nothing happened yet then?.

Hi upto

There doesn't appear to be - I'll check in case I've missed something.

Also, I've just found out that if you are a member of Quidco and use your UW cashback card to buy something on Quidco (ie UW cashback partners) then not only do you get cash back from Quidco but you also get cashback on your UIW bill.

Apparently, one of the IDs was asked this by a customer of hers but wasn't sure but someone else confirmed it.

Hope that helps.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure