What are my rights re ash cloud?

Options
We are flying to Edinburgh on Wednesday evening with Flybe to connect with a Ryanair flight to Paris on Thursday morning. I understand that Ryanair are refunding costs for those with delayed flights, but will this apply to us as it's our outbound flight? Or does this not matter?

I'm hoping the ash cloud will have moved on by then, but I'd like to know where I stand just in case.

Comments

• Lovetotravel
    Lovetotravel Posts: 386 Forumite
    Options
    Cityboy wrote: »
    It matters not whether your flight is outbound or inbound. The airline has to abide by the regulation in case of delays, cancellations or denied boarding. Here it is: http://eur-lex.europa.eu/LexUriServ/LexUriServ.do?uri=CELEX:32004R0261:EN:HTML

Thanks. I just wanted to make sure.

We had decided we would rather be stuck in EDI than Belfast, as we have more choices from there as in trying to get a train to London and the Eurostar from there. :rotfl:

Fingers crossed this all clears up before that.
  • Caz3121
    Caz3121 Posts: 15,556 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    fingers crossed for you, I am flying (hopefully home to Edinburgh from London tomorrow night so hope it is all gone) the worst case scenario for you would be the Flybe flight is affected but not the Ryanair one
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure