We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

'Why aren't people called numbers...morning 62, how are you 71?' blog discussion

Options
1235»

Comments

• padd_bear
    padd_bear Posts: 126 Forumite
    Options
    Padd_bear thinks that there have been too many people watching the Prisoner :)

x
    :A
    'Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much'
    My Challenge has begun!!! :)
  • keet83
    keet83 Posts: 226 Forumite
    Options
    padd_bear wrote: »
    Padd_bear thinks that there have been too many people watching the Prisoner :)

x

i've never seen it before, just heard the quote at the beginning of iron maidens song 'The Prisoner'
    [STRIKE]Beggars cant be choosers, but savers can![/STRIKE]
    That used to be the case :mad:
  • Eco_Miser
    Eco_Miser Posts: 4,709 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    jkc wrote: »
    any way, theres one number that keeps cropping up regularly I noticed it the first time I moved away from home, it seems to be on mailing lists, water bills and now my online banking. is it me or has any one else noticed this strange phenonema.
    If this is the number that appears to the right of your address on paper mail, it's a purely numeric version of your postcode, used to presort large mailings, and therefore get large discounts on postal charges.
    Eco Miser
    Saving money for well over half a century
  • AndyRen_2
    AndyRen_2 Posts: 24 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    I can't believe anyone hasn't asked the question before??
    (or is it the woman Martin spent 20 mins chatting up in a nightclub?!)
  • freelancemermaid
    Options
    hilarious post, thank you. i would miss my gaelic name which no-one can pronounce though, so my number would have to contain esoteric mathematic notation, not just digits.
    Boyfriend & I have saved £12K in two years, thanks to careful budgeting and keeping a record of what we spend. I've never paid myself this amount of money before - it feels great!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.6K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 610.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.8K Life & Family
  • 249.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure