Just done some pruning

Options
MSE_Martin
MSE_Martin Posts: 8,272 Money Saving Expert
First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
Just for info... in case you spot it

Barclaycard 0% for life has now gone - all posts in Credit Cards

Does anyone know a way to ... has now gone - all posts in I wanna

Your Tips has now gone..... all posts in .... shop but don't drop (a bit sad this was one of the first forums, but its past its use by date. I put the posts in shop for convenience, though some don't fit - but most are old)

Warnings and rip offs has been moved into the anger and mirth section

and the Does anyone know a way to category has now gone

There will be more pruning and changing to come. I want less main boards than there are now and more child categories, i hope about 10 more boards will go. Less categories and duplication makes it easier for people to see where to post

martin
Martin Lewis, Money Saving Expert.
Please note, answers don't constitute financial advice, it is based on generalised journalistic research. Always ensure any decision is made with regards to your own individual circumstance.
Don't miss out on urgent MoneySaving, get my weekly e-mail at www.moneysavingexpert.com/tips.
Debt-Free Wannabee Official Nerd Club: (Honorary) Members number 000

Comments

• arkonite_babe
    Options
    Are you trying to get us all lost in the new forum? It's working that way with me anyway 4cc2da12.gif
  • jo_b_2
    jo_b_2 Posts: 7,123 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I like the layout of the new forum, Martin. Think you are doing the right thing getting rid of some of the less popular boards like 'Does anyone know how to...'

Thanks for all the hard work you and the team have put in over the past couple of weeks! :)

Still trying to get used to the new technology though! Showing up my lack of technical expertise! I'm also missing my undecided smiley- used to use that one quite a lot. Other than that, I think the changes have been for the best. Thanks again. Jo.
  • MSE_Martin
    Options
    Don't worry new smilies are on the list of TTD (though admittedly they aren't that high up the priorities)

martin

and AB - if you're lost use the quick link at the bottom of the page for the moment :)
    Please note, answers don't constitute financial advice, it is based on generalised journalistic research. Always ensure any decision is made with regards to your own individual circumstance.
    Don't miss out on urgent MoneySaving, get my weekly e-mail at www.moneysavingexpert.com/tips.
  • Trow
    Trow Posts: 2,298 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I just wanna say - I think you are doing the right thing with your pruning - the boards are unwieldy because of the number of categories - and I don't think I have looked in half of them yet!
  • arkonite_babe
    Options
    MSE_Martin wrote:
    and AB - if you're lost use the quick link at the bottom of the page for the moment :)

Will do thanks! Getting lost in all the new technology as well as the boards! 741ccad5.gif
  • MSE_Martin
    Options
    Maybe we should get a full on how do i thread going.

It sounds a good one.

martin
  • arkonite_babe
    Options
    It would certainly make it easier. I'm sure that there are more people than me, who were only getting the hang of yabb before the switch. Now we have to learn a whole new language! It will get better as we go along, but there will always be someone who needs help with the software.

ps, I see the "how do I thread", has now been started. Excellent!
  • Pat__3
    Pat__3 Posts: 2,880 Forumite
    Options
    Yes Martin, The "How To Do Thread", is a great idea that will help all of us, old & new.;) :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure