We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Difference between VOIP phones?
chinnie
Posts: 81 Forumite
I'm looking to buy a phone for VOIP (not Skype) and can't decide between 2 types of phones I fins - one with USB connection, the other with mic&speaker connections. The latter is cheaper but will the sound quality be different from the former? The USB one also claims to be 'full duplex'.
Is there a big difference in terms of sound quality between these two? Thanks.
Is there a big difference in terms of sound quality between these two? Thanks.
0
Comments
-
The USB ones are generally terrible, and worse than a regular headset (in my experience, I'm sure someone with different experiences will differ).
The best quality are the ones that go directly into your router - either via a Cat5 connection, or an adapter than can take regular phones. If you're going to use Vonage (free signup, £5.99 pm) they provide a free router that you can use any regular phone with.0 -
Hiya
I'm not a techie but this site is by far the best for VOIP phones I've seen.
http://www.i-voip.co.uk/index.php
Also if you phone up and ask their advice the guy is really helpful.
As far as I know, he's reccomending the Cyberphone W which he uses himself.
CheersJason Lloyd
Broadband Channel Manager0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards