We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Cash Passport Globe, any good?

Options
I'm off to South Africa for 5 weeks for the World Cup and looking at the best way to spend money when abroad. I don't really want to apply for a new credit card or bank account and nothing that I've currently got is particularly cheap. I have come across this new card from Travelex: http://www.travelex.co.uk/uk/cash-passport-globe.aspx

From what I can see it is free if I put £1000 on it, it uses standard Mastercard exchange rates, so no poor Travelex rates and it charges a flat 1.49% on both cash withdrawals and purchases with no minimum, so I can use it for even small purchases without getting stung on charges.

Where's the catch? It seems like a good deal to me, but Travelex and good value travel money aren't two things I normally associate with each other.
I've given up trying to get my signature to work with the new rules, if nobody knows what the rules are what hope do we have?

Comments

• bigturnip
    bigturnip Posts: 420 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Shameless bump.
    I've given up trying to get my signature to work with the new rules, if nobody knows what the rules are what hope do we have?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport