santander stocks and shares isa

Options
hi have a stocks and shares with santander which i pay £30.00pound a month ive been doing this for 10 11 years so have still got 3,000 but the interest not much altough it as risen since last year but dont know if i should cash in or hold on any advice would be gratefulo thankls:A

Comments

• dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,626 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    but the interest not much

When you say interest, are you inferring that you hold bonds inside of your S&S ISA?
    dont know if i should cash in or hold on any advice would be grateful

You have told us the provider name (Santander) and the tax wrapper (ISA) but you havent told us the investments. You say interest was paid which would suggest bonds are the investments but sometimes people incorrectly use the term interest on S&S ISAs when no interest is payable. So, can you clarify what investments you have.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • c3ali
    c3ali Posts: 31 Forumite
    Options
    hi just checked this you may be right santander balanced portfolia growth unit trus t accumalation units this was my last statement cash in value from the 5/6/2009 3,313.62 shares held on 5/12/ 3,462.6940 price of shares 115.4000pcash in value 3,995.95 unit trust now i went into the bank about ten yrs ago and got talked into doing a 30.pound amonth to a ss but wasnt given any info only that ten yrs icould make or lose wat id paid in can you please help do i cash in or carry on paying my 30 month
  • barny_100
    barny_100 Posts: 199 Forumite
    Options
    Seems to be this:

http://www.trustnet.com/Factsheets/Factsheet.aspx?fundCode=AQBPG&univ=U&pagetype=overview

http://www.morningstar.co.uk/uk/snapshot/snapshot.aspx?lang=en-GB&id=F0GBR04C2I

A below average Balanced Managed fun, up to you really.

Whether to sell? Questions: Do you need the money? Do you think it would make better returns in a different fund over the next 10 years? etc etc
  • PC_Gabriel_Kent
    Options
    To be fair the CRM or FPA at Santander is best placed about this product seeing as it is one of their own and they will know the ins and outs of it far better than a non santander employee.
  • c3ali
    Options
    would i lose by cashing in and wat charges would i get by cash in would i end up with less then:j
  • c3ali
    Options
    no good talking to santander they will only sellme more stuff would apprec some good advice should i cash in or can you transfer to another business thanks
  • PC_Gabriel_Kent
    Options
    They will offer advice on your current product and any others that could be better. This would depend on your circumstances. They cant 'just sell you more stuff' as they are regulated advisors. It is impossible to relay all the facts on here and get a suitable advice from all and sundry. Neither will others be able to know the ins and outs of what you currently have.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure